Options

20'x48" Metallic mount - anybody?

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited October 9, 2011 in Finishing School
Does anybody know where I can get 20"x48" metallic print with a "floating" mount made? :scratch
I checked SM first, but they dodn't do this particular size... :cry

Worst case scenario - just 20x48 metallic, and I'll use some local framer to deal with it.. :dunno

TIA:thumb
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited October 8, 2011
    Have you looked at Bay Photo? www.bayphoto.com

Bay makes custom sizes of things too and by the looks of things, 40x60 is the largest "stock" size so 20"x48" should be doable.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2011
    ian408 wrote: »
    Have you looked at Bay Photo? www.bayphoto.com

Bay makes custom sizes of things too and by the looks of things, 40x60 is the largest "stock" size so 20"x48" should be doable.
    Thank Ian, I'll check them out!thumb.gif
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 9, 2011
    It all depends. Let's the see the picture first. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    It all depends. Let's the see the picture first. mwink.gif
    You've seen it, probably more than once...
    1519160001_Q3kPmnb-X3.jpg
    I've simply made a pano out of originally 2:3 version...
    The original took 2d place at the local show and was sold, but my wife wanted a wider copy for our family room...

Anyway, it's looks like I'm going with bayphoto, but their ordering software/system is sooooo confusing (and that's for a professional software developer, mind you) that I have to wait until I can talk to somebody, and they don't have any live support on the weekends....ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2011
    Anyway, it's looks like I'm going with bayphoto, but their ordering software/system is sooooo confusing (and that's for a professional software developer, mind you) that I have to wait until I can talk to somebody, and they don't have any live support on the weekends....ne_nau.gif

You just have to click all the buttons :D It does take a little bit to get used to, but once you figure it out (and the confusing issue of each order must only contain items from one catalog), it's actually fairly robust and not so bad.

I had a panoramic metal print made by Bay and I added in the comments to make sure it had two mounting brackets on the back (due to the width), and they happily took care of it. Quite sturdy too, I may add.

Cheers,
    Karl
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2011
    karlabbott wrote: »
    You just have to click all the buttons :D It does take a little bit to get used to, but once you figure it out (and the confusing issue of each order must only contain items from one catalog), it's actually fairly robust and not so bad.

I had a panoramic metal print made by Bay and I added in the comments to make sure it had two mounting brackets on the back (due to the width), and they happily took care of it. Quite sturdy too, I may add.

Cheers,
    Karl

Thanks for sharing... I also decided to order samples first, but I still want to talk to them about it before doing anything...
  • Options
    knapphknapph Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2011
    Also take a look at Image Wizards.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited October 9, 2011
    I think you'll really like the look of the metal print. Especially with that photo thumb.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?