Options

Pam and Mark's Wedding

Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
edited October 11, 2011 in Weddings
This was a wet one, although it was kind enough to hold off for some outside shots and even a spot of blue sky made it through.

Pam and Mark were a blast to work with and I can safely say we all had a good time.

I would love to hear what you think as I have a break from weddings now so will be focusing on improvements for next year so please critique away.

There are extras on my blog and facebook pages so feel free to check those out as well.

Pam-and-Mark-Wedding-03.jpg

Pam-and-Mark-Wedding-05.jpg

Pam-and-Mark-Wedding-10.jpg

Pam-and-Mark-Wedding-17.jpg

Pam-and-Mark-Wedding-25.jpg

Pam-and-Mark-Wedding-29.jpg

Pam-and-Mark-Wedding-31.jpg

Pam-and-Mark-Wedding-35.jpg

Pam-and-Mark-Wedding-38.jpg

Pam-and-Mark-Wedding-41.jpg

Pam-and-Mark-Wedding-42.jpg

Pam-and-Mark-Wedding-43.jpg

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

Comments

• Options
    PhilD41PhilD41 Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2011
    Love #5. Actually I like all of them. Some of the wider angle shots like #12 are wonderful shots, but it is hard to make out the couple. As a side, I have seen the her's / his images like #'s 10 & 11 in several sets. I had not thought of doing this, but really like them. You did a great job capturing complementary images. All in all, I expect they couple was VERY happy. Great work!!
    -~= Philip =~-
    Go Shoot Something Already! - Flickr Photostream
    Have you performed a few Random Acts of Parenting today? :)
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2011
    Re: #3 - Note to self: make sure guys have everything out of pockets for shots like this :)

12 is really nicely done - great balance of all components and light in the image!
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2011
    When I did weddings, I used to pray (literally) that heavy brides would not wear bare shouldered wedding dresses. However, I must have been naughty since my prsyers were seldom answered...
  • Options
    Jess116Jess116 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 10, 2011
    rpcrowe wrote: »
    When I did weddings, I used to pray (literally) that heavy brides would not wear bare shouldered wedding dresses. However, I must have been naughty since my prsyers were seldom answered...

I agree. You have to dress for your body type and that includes your wedding day!

Regardless, I do love the photos. I'll be moving to the UK in a few months and I think the horrible weather is going to take some getting used to. I need to invest in some nice, low light lenses. :)
  • Options
    AmazingGrace0385AmazingGrace0385 Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2011
    I did a wedding where the bride had much a bigger bust than this one and wore a strapless dress. I was so afraid she was going to fall out (esp since she forgot the bra! thankfully the dress had a built in...) I think the photos are beautiful!
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2011
    Thanks a lot everyone, I would probably say that this has been my favorite wedding of the year, such an amazing couple to work with. I'm thinking of a page with FAQs on to cover some things like..... I'm a larger bride, how can I look my best? Would that work or be seen as rude?

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Options
    TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2011
    Just a thought, I might not show the bride eating a chocolate or candy of some kind when she is a bigger woman. No problem with the make up but that is the only really unflattering picture of the set.
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2011
    Thanks for the input, however I know Pam wouldn't care at all, she is just a great fun person. I'm sure others might have a problem but not this lady :)