Options

Occupy Wall Street far from Wall Street

PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
edited October 11, 2011 in Street and Documentary
I work right near the Apple Store on 5th Ave. in New York City. When I went to go shoot the Steve Jobs Memorial outside the store, this guy was standing here. For those of you not from New York, the Apple Store is very very far away from Wall Street.

occupy-L.jpg
David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
My Website
Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |

Comments

• Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2011
    Nice photo

What made you go with B&W?

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    www.icurdigital.com
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2011
    The sticky notes in the background were all different colors and there are 2 bright orange cones. I found them distracting.
    My Website
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2011
    I like this with the amused cops face in the background.

I wonder if you know why the glass is encased in wood--is that part of the memorial?

Also I very much like your conversion. I imagine it would be too busy in color with the multicolor sticky notes in the background.
    The neon colors from the traffic sign, might look too cluttered, that's just speculation mind you.

Also I know this is the apple store because I'm familiar w/ the area and have seen the tribute, it's too bad you couldn't quite incorporate something to tell us where this was actually taken.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2011
    I like this with the amused cops face in the background.

I wonder if you know why the glass is encased in wood--is that part of the memorial?

Also I very much like your conversion. I imagine it would be too busy in color with the multicolor sticky notes in the background.
    The neon colors from the traffic sign, might look too cluttered, that's just speculation mind you.

Also I know this is the apple store because I'm familiar w/ the area and have seen the tribute, it's too bad you couldn't quite incorporate something to tell us where this was actually taken.

The apple store has been under renovation for a few months now. They are replacing all the small panes of glass with larger seamless window panes. The wood encasing the store is temporary and will be removed once the project is finished.

I could have shot from the other angle which would have included the memorial but with the wood around the store you wouldn't have known it was the apple store and I wouldn't have had the smiling cop in the shot. I took shots of the memorial itself but it is closeups of flowers, candles, apples, and photos of Steve Jobs.
    My Website