Options

High Five

divmedic4divmedic4 Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
edited October 11, 2011 in Street and Documentary
First try at street style. Came across this family sitting on some stairs listening to a small concert.

i-XvKjnTw-L.jpg
Canon 7D, Sigma 17-70, Sigma 70-200 2.8 OS, EF 50 1.8 II, 430EXII

Tom

Comments

• Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2011
    Welcome to street shooting. It is fun and challenging.

You are off to a good start with the interaction between dad and child. Processing is a little flat (that is part of learning street -- processing in b/w). Tilt is okay here, but generally would be better omitted without a good composition reason. Keep shooting and posting!
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2011
    rainbow wrote: »
    Welcome to street shooting. It is fun and challenging.

You are off to a good start with the interaction between dad and child. Processing is a little flat (that is part of learning street -- processing in b/w). Tilt is okay here, but generally would be better omitted without a good composition reason. Keep shooting and posting!

Everything Rainbow said and if you would set a black point behind Dad's Butt and a white point on edge of Kid's socks you should see a difference.
  • Options
    divmedic4divmedic4 Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2011
    Thank you Rainbow and bfjr. This is only like the third shot I have tried processing in b/w. I appreciate the feedback and specifically mentioning the tilt. It just seemed to fit with this one and took the chance. I hope to have more to post soon.
    Canon 7D, Sigma 17-70, Sigma 70-200 2.8 OS, EF 50 1.8 II, 430EXII

Tom