Foliage and Waterfalls

bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
edited October 17, 2011 in Landscapes
I went on a solo camping/photo trip for a few days this past week to the White Mountains region of New Hampshire. My goal was to shoot several waterfalls and get some classic foliage shots. I also hoped to get some star trails, but that didn't happen. I did, however, get most of the shots I had hoped to get. Some of you may have seen a few of these shots on FB already.

Here is a link to a slideshow of all 72 of my "keepers".

And here are the highlights.
i-RqPCMzk-X2.jpg

i-RZRj5Mf-X2.jpg

3. Self Portrait
i-CMJm2T4-X2.jpg

i-CjvLHSN-X2.jpg

i-9ncdvkq-X2.jpg

i-3smwwrf-X2.jpg

i-rqbBbK8-X2.jpg

i-rKFNxgq-X2.jpg

i-Z98wtFN-X2.jpg

i-7RSRqXD-X2.jpg

i-n3QZZDP-X2.jpg

i-KWzzf48-X2.jpg

Comments

• PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2011
    Bryan, what a terrific series. You got a lot of great keepers, that's for sure! Best, Pam
  • marionetmarionet Registered Users Posts: 382 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2011
    I love 2 & 7! 9 is gorgeous and inviting.
  • byoshibyoshi Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    Great series, thanks for sharing.
    Landscape and Nature photography
    site - http://www.bay-photography.com/
    blog - http://bayphotos.blogspot.com/
  • Merlin_AZMerlin_AZ Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    Wow. All great, and #3 shows some serious scale.
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    Thanks everyone!
    Merlin_AZ wrote: »
    Wow. All great, and #3 shows some serious scale.
    Precisely why I included this shot. I believe it's the tallest waterfall in NH, at about 200'.
  • dave6253dave6253 Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    Stunning Colors!
  • dereksurfsdereksurfs Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    Amazing shots Bryan. Favorites for me are 2 & 8. The self portrait is way cool! It also looks super wide. How wide did you go? These make us West Coast guys want to come out and visit your part of the world during Fall! :D
    edited October 16, 2011
    dereksurfs wrote: »
    Amazing shots Bryan. Favorites for me are 2 & 8. The self portrait is way cool! It also looks super wide. How wide did you go? These make us West Coast guys want to come out and visit your part of the world during Fall! :D

Thanks! I shot #3 at 10mm on a crop sensor. I did see a lot of western and midwestern plates up there.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2011
    Really nice series Bryan, love the color looks like you timed it perfect. I'm a sucker for anything water and none of your shots disapoint. #3, I would loved to see you about 60' higher for some extra drama, lol. #12 I just love, that would make a great wall hanger.
    edited October 17, 2011
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    Really nice series Bryan, love the color looks like you timed it perfect. I'm a sucker for anything water and none of your shots disapoint. #3, I would loved to see you about 60' higher for some extra drama, lol. #12 I just love, that would make a great wall hanger.
    Thanks Doug. I'd be better off photoshopping myself up there, the scramble down to the base of the falls was slippery enough!
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2011
    Awesome series Bryan. I looked through the full 72 and couldn't believe the color you got! Looks like you hit places at just the right time (and I kept going too early/too late...).
    Do you have a link/name for the different falls/streams you captured? There are some on there that I would love to hit in the future.
    Thanks
    edited October 17, 2011
    eoren1 wrote: »
    Awesome series Bryan. I looked through the full 72 and couldn't believe the color you got! Looks like you hit places at just the right time (and I kept going too early/too late...).
    Do you have a link/name for the different falls/streams you captured? There are some on there that I would love to hit in the future.
    Thanks

Thanks E. I'm working on a trip report that I'll post on my blog in a few days. Oh, BTW, the pancakes were awesome!!!!
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2011
    Great set, Bryan. Love the sense of scale in #3.