Options

Young love, and other hazards. (11 pics)

BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
edited October 19, 2011 in Weddings
I rarely feel old, but man a couple like this can do it to you. The song says "Love is all we need" and "All we need is love", I'd like to believe that is true.

LaurenDallas-6-L.jpg

LaurenDallas-9-L.jpg

LaurenDallas-24-L.jpg

LaurenDallas-44-L.jpg

LaurenDallas-51-L.jpg

LaurenDallas-62-L.jpg

LaurenDallas-99-L.jpg

LaurenDallas-101-L.jpg

LaurenDallas-111-L.jpg

LaurenDallas-121-L.jpg

LaurenDallas-135-L.jpg

Lol...I haven't posted in so long, I hope no one thinks this is all I've done. Truth is even with SDE I have SO much work to get out the door, I just don't have time to post. But I had to share this....to make other people suffer that "Man, I'm OLD" feeling.

Comments

• Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2011
    When you said Young love and other hazzards I thought the pics were going to be of a bride who was knocked up! :0)

Wonder how many dozen I have shot of those over the years???
    You don't even have to lay eyes on the bride to tell, the phone enquiry where she askes if you are available for a date next month is the tip off.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2011
    Blurmore, while the photos themselves are good I still have to ask- Is #9 the best "first dance" photo you have of them? Because the back of his hat is not really very artistic. I hope that you also got a few great shots of their expressions.

I know that we as photographers always have really quirky taste in which photos we take are our favorites, trust me I'm the king of picking oddball images to be my favorites. Just thought I would mention it.

Take care,
    =Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2011
    Matt,

I shot that shot to focus on the hat, because it has their wedding date embroidered on it. The groom manages a hat shop in the mall. Due I believe, to their age it wasn't an expression heavy first dance, a lot of standing really close and kissing. I have other shots of their first dance, the venue isn't the prettiest, it is WAY old school west Baltimore. Mirrors everywhere, funky carpet, low ceilings, fake plants, and christmas lights.

LaurenDallas-114-L.jpg

LaurenDallas-113-L.jpg

How do you like THIS for an awful cake placement?

LaurenDallas-118-L.jpg

I shot one with a wicked backlight set up that made the whole inside of the mirror light up really wild, but the mirror wasn't even close to clean enough and the light showed everything.

Glort, I don't think she was prego but a dress can hide a lot, and she wasn't drinking because she wasn't old enough.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2011
    Okay, I new there would be a back story or something. It was just a weird shot to post initially.

Darn that young love. I'm only 28, married for just a few years, and my wife and I already wish we could go back to those days when we were first dating. Oh well! Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill, right? Wait, wrong situation for that saying... :-P

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    Darn that young love. I'm only 28, married for just a few years, and my wife and I already wish we could go back to those days when we were first dating.

If your at that stage now, for god sake whatever you do don't have kids!!!
    All well and good till about age 10 but after that, you'll be racking your brains wondering why you put yourself through such torment.

Enjoy your life with one another. It's more than enough!