sp-27-L.jpg

sp-14-L.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2011
    Likem both but you already knew #2 would be the winner !
  • Options
    tensai-riottensai-riot Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2011
    Number 2 is really nice. I like how isolated she is, really helps her stand out.
    Stop by if you can tensai-riot photography
    Or find me on facebook
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2011
    I like the body language in #1.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2011
    bfjr wrote: »
    Likem both but you already knew #2 would be the winner !

The look on her face killed me. I was so happy to catch it before she started practicing her moves again.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2011
    Number 2 is really nice. I like how isolated she is, really helps her stand out.

She was only isolated for a few seconds, then they started practicing again and they closed in. I almost missed it! and I would have kicked myself.

THanks!
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2011
    damonff wrote: »
    I like the body language in #1.

That's what made me shoot them.
    thanks Damon.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    NmahoochNmahooch Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2011
    Both are nice. Great processing on the BnW's. I love the contrast.
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2011
  • Options
    rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2011
    Recropped
    I hope you don't mind but, I took the liberty of recropping the image to direct attention to the main subjects. I tend to crop closer than any photographers, especiallye so-called street photographers.

I am sorry but, I no longer have the image on my smugmug site. I did not know that removing it from smugmug would remove it from this forum. I thought that once an image was posted, it would remain on the forum. I did not save the crop.
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2011
    rpcrowe wrote: »
    I hope you don't mind but, I took the liberty of recropping the image to direct attention to the main subjects...

i-sXWfLHR-L.jpg

oh I am such a butthead!
    I haven't commented on this til now. I saw the new crop on my phone then at home while cooking and neve got back to it.
    I can't see it now, it's an x--so if you don't mind put it back so others can see your suggestion.

Something most other dgrinners know about me is my struggle to crop. I usually always prefer a bit of a wider shot giving an inkling of a background etc. IN this case, I still prefer my version, however when I stop to think about it, the car is rather ugly and really it's just a door that's being cropped out. But I believe w/ your crops we lose some of the background people and the people on the edge of the images which to me gives the shot a sense of crowding. THis was a snippet I spotted amid the large crowds and I think I lose that w/ the crop. Then again you are talking to one stubborn person when it comes to cropping. I am seeing a therapist about it :)

Forgive the delay in commenting.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2011
    Nmahooch wrote: »
    Both are nice. Great processing on the BnW's. I love the contrast.

Thank you Nmahooch. The bright sunlight that day was horrible, dark in the shade and blasted in the sun. I was happy w/ how these turned out, was afraid it would all be crap with that kind of light.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2011
    sara505 wrote: »
    Very nice.

thank you Sara:)
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    Both are wonderful shots! And no crop on #1 or you would lose the "Espanol.com" and the tackiness of the car decorations versus the costumes.

And dare I compliment your processing? Your b/w processing here and other recent posts get a thumbs up! thumb.gif(and not so much for "Liz color")
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2011
    rainbow wrote: »
    Both are wonderful shots! And no crop on #1 or you would lose the "Espanol.com" and the tackiness of the car decorations versus the costumes.

And dare I compliment your processing? Your b/w processing here and other recent posts get a thumbs up! thumb.gif(and not so much for "Liz color")

rolleyes1.gifRainbow.
    I got your last pm and got lost in the tech talk. What I understood was "work on your black and whites" and I did, but I couldn't tellyou how I got there. I have since gone back to your email to try and get a handle on LR which I still highly underutilize or improperly use. If there was a class on how to use LR incorrectly then I would get an A++.

Thanks for commenting. I will leave it uncropped.
    Liz A.
    _________