Options

I didn't do it !

UmbroUmbro Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited September 26, 2005 in People
He's getting to the age of " Just give him one of my looks , and dad 'll forgive everything " and the thing is he's right

Comments

• Options
    edited September 25, 2005
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    Awesome shots. Watch your red/magenta levels in the skin tones in the second.

It's hard to measure in RGB, but if you use the eyedropper in CMYK the Y should always be more than the M and if you use LAB both A and B should be positive, with the B more than the A. Hope that helps.

Love the shots.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    Thanks for the info.
    Just had a little go in PS, didn't have alot of time i'm in the middle of cooking the Sunday roast :D
    Thanks for your helping, cheers
  • Options
    Actually it looking at it on the web, i'd better try again and just let the roast burn headscratch.gif
  • Options
    Hope you don't mind, but I think this version looks pretty good.

I used LAB to correct it, and I was using techniques that the reading group hasn't gotten to, yet.

I think that the way I got there is less important in this case. You can see what I'm going for, and you could learn a lot by finding how to get there by asking specific questions.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    DavidTO wrote:

I used LAB to correct it, and I was using techniques that the reading group hasn't gotten to, yet.

I think that the way I got there is less important in this case. You can see what I'm going for, and you could learn a lot by finding how to get there by asking specific questions.

It's so great, David. I can retire now.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    Diane SDiane S Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    DavidTO wrote:

wow David.. what a difference in the skin tones... I've never corrected coloring in 'Lab'... but usually in hue/saturation... but this came out great.. I shall now have to experiment with some of my shots when they come out too 'magenta'.

And BTW Umbro... the first shot is tooooooooooooooo cute! My oh my what adorable eyes,.. yup.... he will get anything he wants :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.dianeschafer.com

• Options
    rutt wrote:
    It's so great, David. I can retire now.

No, Rutt. Now you need to set the bar higher.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    I love the green one, and I ordinarily don't like green in anything, not even trees.

ginger:D
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    Well you'll be glad to know the roast was lovely :D

Thank you all for your responses thumb.gif

David thanks for taking the time and no i don't mind at all, different perspectives are always welcome ( it's hard to be subjective sometimes, especially when the sujbects are your own family, you always think they look great whatever). I agree the colours of the second shot were off and were in need of adjustment. I don't know if it's my monitor's off but the adjustments you made seem to give the pic an overexposed look, the detail in the fingers are lost and the eyes seem quite dark. The skin tones don't appear very natural but i could be my monitor. Please don't think this is a criticism, it's not. As i say i'm always very grateful for any input, we're all here to learn, and what a great place to do so.

As for the colour of the first shot, it was an action in PS i was playing with that i'd downloaded from DP Review so i can't take any credit for that. I thought it gave the picture that Little farm boy look.

We've been trying to get our son ( Lloyd ) into a modeling agency here in the UK, the agency we got him in seems a bit of a scam, always wanting money for something or another and never coming up with anything, or if they do it gets cancelled at the last minute ne_nau.gif

Thaks again for all of your kind comments, i've had another go with image 2 think this is nearer the mark?
  • Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    You should never have to pay a modeling agency upfront for anything.

Read: http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Crimes/Delivered/modeling.htm
  • Options
    Owen wrote:
    You should never have to pay a modeling agency upfront for anything.

Thanks for the link Owen , seems pretty familiar. We didn't spend any big money with them (thought it was abit shady from the outset, but thought we'd give it a go). Should of realized by the quality of the "Pros" camera he was a knob.

Would be intrested if anyone could recommend a reputable agency here in the UK. I'm not being big headed, but i don't think he'd have much trouble getting work, we're always getting stopped when we're out and you catch people looking and nudging there friends.

Here he is, with his legs iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    madiggmadigg Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2005
    So could you give a tutorial of how you did this. Thanks
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    I love this shot, the expression just can't be beatthumb.gif. I'm not crazy about the greenish tint, but the comp is wonderful. I can see why, with those eyes, that there is no doing wrong:D.

Both are wonderful captures. Thanks for posting,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    Cheers Chris , thought i'd re-post the image in B+W seeming as it's getting a mixed response :D

Madigg, not sure i'm the one to give tutorials but i'll try to remember what i done headscratch.gif

Firstly i done adjustment in Shadow/highlight then played around in colour balance (to be honest i'm not sure if i did anything else, brain like a sieve i'm afraid)
    I've actually played with your Arch post (hope you don't mind) and psoted what i did while it was still fresh in my mind :D
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    Umbro wrote:
    Cheers Chris , thought i'd re-post the image in B+W seeming as it's getting a mixed response :D
    Thanks Umbro for the repost. I definately like the B&W better than the green. Also, good luck on your search for a reputable talent agency. He has a very expressive face.

Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister