Options

First Announcement

ClamrollClamroll Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited October 22, 2011 in Weddings
So my girlfriend's best friend's boyfriend (blah) finally popped the question (after only 2 children, :D ) and they asked me to help them with the announcements. They decided to go with hands, and wanted to get the whole family involved. My awesome lighting was compliments of the groom-to-be (plumbing drop-lights!!)

IMG9071c-L.jpg

And before someone brings it up, he's 6'+ and she's 4'10.5". He's huge and she's tiny. I tried to accent how rough his hands are, and soften hers a little. It got a great reaction around town (the mail carriers stopped the bride to tell her how great they came out) The bride's brother even asked me where I found such a fitting picture for the cards :rofl

Anywho, just thought I'd post it here for some C&C and feedback. I appreciated the praise from around town, but would like to hear from this community more :)
Please Look At My Photography!
http://www.AndyCalnan.com/

Comments

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2011
    I really like this! A lot! :)
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2011
    What a cool photo! I really like it a lot!
  • Options
    ClamrollClamroll Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2011
    Thanks folks! I know hands are a little hackneyed but when it's what the client wants, it's what they get. Seems like I succeeded in not being too hackneyed?
    Please Look At My Photography!
    http://www.AndyCalnan.com/
  • Options
    laurenornotlaurenornot Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2011
    Great concept and good execution, my only nit is that the tips of his fingers are cut off. Otherwise, perfect.
  • Options
    mjordanphotomjordanphoto Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 21, 2011
    I really really like this, it's so unique, by bringing in the kids hands. Really special. Obviously the only (very minor) complaint is what Lauren mentioned, that the tips of the fingers are just barely cut off. Even still, what a great picture and a perfect one to use for their wedding announcement!
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2011
    Awesome!
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2011
    I LOVE this comp!!! Include the fingertips, increase depth of field to get sharp focus on the kids hands, and less pore removal on her hands. As is this is nice for sure, but in a perfect world ya know!

Matt
    *edit* I should say I love how you kept his fingers rough and real. I think that would be best throughout.
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes