Options

Save $5000 On Your Wedding Photography!!

rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
edited October 23, 2011 in Weddings
Found this site... I find it pretty funny. :rofl

The first thing you will see is this "Save $5,000 On Your Wedding Photography"

http://camerarenter.com

- They'll let you rent 10 5.3mp Polaroid Digital Cameras (for 150 guests or less) for $495! (it sells for $85 each)
- And they'll upload it to their SMUGMUG site! http://albums.camerarenter.com/

I looked at some of the photos and they look like they're taken by professional photographers! :D

Comments

• Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2011
    lol I was waiting for this pop over here.. It IS a great idea, I really do think that this could be a very cool "supplemental" source.

I wonder, actually, if there is a way to link up multiple cameras via EyeFi, and run a server pulling all the images throughout the wedding, while the main shooter works.

Gotta admit, though, it is a ridiculous solution to replacement of a pro shooter.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2011
    Did anyone notice the websites are hosted by SmugMug?

Also if the couple gives out 10 or 20 cameras and tells the guests they expect them to take 200+ photos and video I would hate to be the hired wedding photographer. :cry

Now you have 10 to 20 sanctioned uncle bobs plus all the ones who brought their own cameras. :cry

Now if they didn't hire a wedding photographer.....go for it. :D

Sam
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2011
    good point.. I didn't think of that
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2011
    This isn't a new concept...people have been buying those disposable cameras from
    Wal-mart for a long time...and putting them on tables with instructions for someone to be the table photographer. You'd be surprised how good and funny some of the pictures turn out.

This appears to be a little more up scale. I did look a little farther into the posted videos...and found a bunch that looked just like someone with no idea what they were doing was playing videographer.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    edited October 14, 2011
    We all know that Uncle Bobs are getting more aggressive and more numerous... so that's not a problem. I like the idea because we got married over a year ago and I have yet to see a single photo from friends and family. Seriously - my DAD had a camera and I never saw his pics... this remedies that problem :D
  • Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2011
    Ah yes, the old " Anyone with a camera is a photographer" concept. Show the very best and probably highly exceptional shots out of the tens of thousands their customers take and create the impression that all your pics will be like this. Lets see what was on a camera from each of the last 5 weddings the camera's came back from to get a real idea of what to expect.

It wouldn't worry me to be the shooter at a wedding the people hired camera's like this. I have it in my contract that I am the ONLY photographer allowed amateur or otherwise and basicly that all bets are off if anyone impedes my picture taking or gets in my way at all. That aside, if I had clients that were that lacking in appreciation for decent pics, I wouldn't need to do much to satisfy them. I also get all my money up front and don't rely on add on sales to make the job worth my while because that never happens.
    I will sell extra album pages no matter what and if I don't the job is still very profitable so really what others have or do is of no consequence.

Maybe I should just make up a couple of Photobooths and buy a few dozen of these cameras to rent out and sit on my butt on weekends and let the guests do all the wdding shooting?
  • Options
    LordKwazLordKwaz Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2011
    This is funny. The first full wedding I handled, the client wanted to get some cheap Kodak camera for a few people to take photos