Options

The elusive tenoverthenose! :)

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited October 23, 2011 in Weddings
Patrick did our engagement photos on Monday in Yosemite and I of course made sure to snap a photo of him :) (I carried my 5D2 & 16-35 around with us to get scenic shots of Yosemite in between Patrick shooting Terry and me, hehe)

1537564351_WqvqQm2-L.jpg

Terry (my fiance) also snagged this photo of Patrick on his new iPhone 4S (I have phone envy for the camera phone that it has... might have to upgrade and join the masses next month, heh)

1538000458_wZzHJHC-L.jpg

And of course, more importantly, Patrick posted one teaser on his Facebook page of Terry & me already which I just :lust:lust:lust:lust so check it out!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=261248497244542&set=a.220469424655783.50502.181568435212549&type=1&theater

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,191 moderator
    edited October 19, 2011
    Cat, first of all.... congrats! And also I have the feeling you might have just picked a rather good (understatement of the year) wedding photographer in Patrick. He contacted me a few years ago offering to do our wedding, um, through another forum, and had I known then what I know now of his fantastic results, it would have made a huge difference. And I could kick myself every time I think about it. Is Patrick also shooting the wedding?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2011
    Christine Meintjes will be doing our wedding. If we were getting married stateside I would have had Patrick do it, but I chose to go with a stellar local photographer in Cape Town, South Africa where we are getting married in 12/12/12 next year since no travel fees that way :) that stuff adds up fast!
  • Options
    mjordanphotomjordanphoto Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    Awesome stuff - can't wait to see the whole engagement set (and of course, congratulations! I can't tell you how jealous I am of your South African wedding! I'm dying to get over there...)
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    He's got a cool Batman utility belt!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    he's a handsome guy! who woulda thought? haha
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2011
    Qarik wrote: »

rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifrofl
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    Qarik wrote: »

rolleyes1.gif Nice photo you guys! Dying to see more (of course), in fact I was hoping (and stalking this forum, haha), in the hope you'd post a sneak peek (either one of you :D)

How fun! ... and uhm ... Cape Town???? You're kidding! How exciting! Dying to see that set also. eek7.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2011
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    rolleyes1.gif Nice photo you guys! Dying to see more (of course), in fact I was hoping (and stalking this forum, haha), in the hope you'd post a sneak peek (either one of you :D)

How fun! ... and uhm ... Cape Town???? You're kidding! How exciting! Dying to see that set also. eek7.gifclap.gif

The sneak peak on Facebook is all Patrick has given me for now, he indicated he's been SUPER busy this month, so it'll be at least a few weeks before we see more, but thankfully I'm patient ^_^ (even if you all aren't, lol). He showed me a bunch of them in camera though as we went throughout the shoot, so I do know that that's lots more awesomeness coming down the pipe once he edits them! :D
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    Shima wrote: »
    He showed me a bunch of them in camera though as we went throughout the shoot ...

Brave man :giggle (I don't ever show photos on my camera) .... and ...
    Shima wrote: »
    ...so I do know that that's lots more awesomeness coming down the pipe once he edits them! :D

... why does that not surprise me?? :D
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited October 19, 2011
    And you're in Millbrae now?

Patrick did a really wonderful job on your engagement photos! Love the look.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    Uh oh... if I had known that this is how the photos would be used, I don't think I would have allowed this to happen. Come to think of it, I don't remember signed a release.... ;)

Thanks again Cat!! It was so much fun hanging out with you and Terry!
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2011
    Uh oh... if I had known that this is how the photos would be used, I don't think I would have allowed this to happen. Come to think of it, I don't remember signed a release.... ;)

Thanks again Cat!! It was so much fun hanging out with you and Terry!

Did they take you out drinking? that's why you don't remember.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    Did they take you out drinking? that's why you don't remember.

I don't remember going out drinking.. is that what happened?
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2011
    I don't remember going out drinking.. is that what happened?

Hahah, if Terry hadn't been sick all day or had to rush home to work that evening, we totally would have taken you out for proper dinner and drinks as thanks.

Oh and funny but sad story, remember how Terry was saying I should give my cards and what not to our jeweler that we use? We got home Monday night from the shoot and in the mail was a Going Out of Business sale notice from them :( On the plus side, I went there today, since it was the first day of their pre-sale for existing customers, and found my engagement ring's sibling and purchased it...so I have a wedding band now at least. But boohoo that I can't use them to help promote my photography and that they won't be around too much longer :(
    ian408 wrote:
    And you're in Millbrae now?

I've lived in northern CA since July of last year :) At the time I moved in with my then boyfriend... now fiance :)
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2011
    Hmmm... I always figured he'd be taller... 9 feet-ish or so.

Congrats Cat and I will be anxiously awaiting a peek at those images as well!
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2011
    Go see the thread Patrick just posted (and his blog as well)!!!!

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=208395