High End Digital Camera w/ Folder capabilities

sgemmasgemma Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 24, 2004 in Cameras
Hello,

I am a web developer doing a high-budget project for a hotel-chain. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a high-end digital camera that includes folder creating capabilites?

The reason being that these camera's will be used by mobile photographers who will be taking pictures of guests and organizing them by room numbers in the camera. This is where the folder creating capabilities are needed.

Any recommendations for high to middle grade digital camera's are appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Scott M. Gemma

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2004
    sgemma wrote:
    Hello,

I am a web developer doing a high-budget project for a hotel-chain. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a high-end digital camera that includes folder creating capabilites?

The reason being that these camera's will be used by mobile photographers who will be taking pictures of guests and organizing them by room numbers in the camera. This is where the folder creating capabilities are needed.

Any recommendations for high to middle grade digital camera's are appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Scott M. Gemma

Dunno what your budget is, but Canon's 1D has very sophisticated in-camera folder controls.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Dunno what your budget is, but Canon's 1D has very sophisticated in-camera folder controls.
    As does the 11MP Canon Eos-1Ds and the 14MP (Nikon based) Kodak
    14N and for the real top end the Hassy backs like the Kodak Pro.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • sgemmasgemma Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 23, 2004
    Thanks for the reply! Very nice forum here...

Regarding the Canon 1D, Canon EOS-1D 11MP, and Kodak 14MP - does anybody know the character limit on folder names for these cameras? I have looked over the web and cannot locate this information.

The photographers all carry fly backs, I assume the camera's will automatically create the folders on the fly back hard drive?

Thanks again for the supplied information.

Sincerely,

Scott M. Gemma
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2004
    Looking through the 1D owner's manual, the folders can be labeled 100 - 999. Sounds like that's the only way to label them.

Page 54.
    http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/customer/pdf/EOS_1D_Body_IB_E.pdf
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2004
    I believe the Nikon dSLRs (at least the D100) allow custom folders. I know my CP990 does.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson