37499115-L.jpg

Said to be Man's Best Friend.
Is Friend To All, gives comfort to
the hot and tired.
Then poses nicely with legs crossed.

Magnolia Gardens
9/24/2005

portrait of a dog
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2005
    Nice shot, luv the eyes!
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    Thanks, Wally double 56. I was hot, tired, could barely walk/breathe. I was paying for another year's pass at the old plantation where I take photos.

That dog glued itself to me, made me feel so good. Just like in the books (and I do have three dogs, but this was special).

When I left, he posed. I only had memory left for one photo. Wonderful dog.

ginger
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    good one G
    caught a great pose thumb.gif
  • Options
    RohirrimRohirrim Registered Users Posts: 1,889 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2005
    Nice capture Ginger. You've caught his/her expression very well.
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
    great pet shot G you need to go to pets are us -this is very very good thumb.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    Lots of character captured here Ginger.. Love to see what you do when you aren't hot,tired and are able to breathe. :-) thnxs for shring.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    Thanks, Ben, Steve, Jeff, 4 Labs,

But it was the dog! That dog is that good and that smart. After "taking care of me", so to speak, the dog went out on the porch with the girl/woman who works at Magnolia (an old small bldg). They sat there, and when I came out, I told the dog that when I backed way up, I would take his/her photo. I had the 400 on.

He/she, gotta be a he, I will find out, but the dog posed. And held the pose. I was too tired to hold the lens up. It didn't blur, but I was far back and still couldn't get the whole dog. I wanted the feet. I actually had two shots, but the second shot kept getting the feet but went down to the middle of his face. I was really tired, so I said I would go with the first shot and come back if I had to.

I forgot about it until I didn't feel like my photos were getting play. So I thought, I will "get" HARRY. I will put a pet up here, he will be curious and upset and respond.

I did think after I put him up: Hot Dog, that is a good looking dog and good photo of said dog. But he did the posing. I have analyzed why it worked, with the light in front and the dark in back and all. Smart darn dog!

So this shot has gotten more play than anything else! I keep trying with other shots, and it comes back to this dog. And this is a great dog, you all, wonderful dog. I would "take" him in in a heartbeat, I would wish him on my best friends and my family. Unfortunately, I think he is a "one of a kind" type dog. That is one good thing about breeds, you can hope to kind of duplicate. With mixes, you hope for this, but how often??? I will ask them what kind of dog it is, as my daughter is looking to get a dog next summer, but I do think he is a mix. ONe of those therapy/movie star mixes. The dog you dream about when you are a kid. (and my dogs are great, wouldn't trade them for the world, but this one, he is quality, too. Real quality dog!)

Thanks for all the look sees, words, etc.

You know the pair of birds I put up last night, I thought they were very good, too. Especially the first one.

I am going to print up a sheet of photos of this dog and take it with me next time I go to Magnolia. Will get more info then.

Thanks, all,

ginger