edited October 26, 2011 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited October 22, 2011
  • Options
    IslandcrowIslandcrow Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2011
    I really like this one. In addition to implying motion, the panning also really helps isolate the biker from the buildings and cars in the background, combined with the night time shot gives it a very nice air of mystery and dramatic tension. Very well done.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited October 24, 2011
    Yes, good panning. Did you brighten his face in post? Doesn't matter, really; I'm just a little curious because the shadow on the street shows the light coming from behind him.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2011
    Angelo wrote: »
    great panning shot Ben thumb.gif

Islandcrow wrote: »
    I really like this one. In addition to implying motion, the panning also really helps isolate the biker from the buildings and cars in the background, combined with the night time shot gives it a very nice air of mystery and dramatic tension. Very well done.
    Richard wrote: »
    Yes, good panning. Did you brighten his face in post? Doesn't matter, really; I'm just a little curious because the shadow on the street shows the light coming from behind him.

Appreciate the input Folks, thanks

Always nice seeing you comment Angelo, hey what happened to our Photo Walk ??

Richard, believe me when I say if there had not been light on his face you would of never seen this one :D.
    There's a street Light in back and in front of subject, I panned till he was about in the middle of those and yes I did some selective brightening on his face.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2011
    Nice, Ben. There's a delightful creepiness to this image. I'm not quite sure what it is, but I definitely feel it. Where's he going? What's he doing? Is he trying to outrace something? Time? Someone or something behind him? Death?
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Nice, Ben. There's a delightful creepiness to this image. I'm not quite sure what it is, but I definitely feel it. Where's he going? What's he doing? Is he trying to outrace something? Time? Someone or something behind him? Death?

Good cause you know how much I like creepy, photographically speaking of course :D