Options

The elusive Shima (and Terry)!

tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
edited October 27, 2011 in Weddings
So I'm sure you've read by now that Cat and Terry came up to visit me in Yosemite earlier this week. Two great people that I wish I could have spent more time with. Here's a few from the session... more on my site :)

Fall%20Yosemite%20Engagement%20Session.jpg

f15c8d979e82955f61aaaa430b5805a2.jpg

81d0c083daab0cfbba5606b3363c2b5a.jpg

4e8c32dd1fb180b374b5d72c29b588b4.jpg

I'm not sure why I'm only showing panos here, but that's the way life is ;)

Comments

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2011
    Love all of these!!! And the ones on the blog too!!! Was super excited to wake up to this :D
  • Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2011
    clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclap
  • Options
    clickin girlclickin girl Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2011
    Very nice shots!
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2011
    #3 and 4!

iloveyou.gif

Specifically, #3!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2011
    Gorgeous, again...... Like you'd ever show us something that wasn't!

Congratulations to Shima & Terry too!
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2011
    #3 is a total rock star shot! love love love it!
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2011
    Dude, is there an alpenglow colored gel that I don't know about? :-D

My wife and I will certainly be hitting you up for a portrait session some day. Count on it. :-)

BTW, I don't know how many winter weddings you get to shoot in Yosemite, but now that I have a little more job security with a studio here in So Cal, and more free time in the winter, I'd love to make a trip up there if you ever want a 2nd. I can rent Canon gear if you'd be too embarrassed to have a Nikon shooter associated with you! :-P

BTW BTW, Panos ROCK!

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2011
    great shots patrick and congrats cat!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2011
    I can rent Canon gear if you'd be too embarrassed to have a Nikon shooter associated with you! :-P

On a somewhat related note to this, the photographer we booked for our wedding, who *was* a Canon shooter, just switched to Nikon. Thankfully she has 14 months to get used to her new gear, so I'm not really worried, but I won't lie, I was a little sad that she left the Canon club since we had fun talks about our Canon gear when I booked her, haha. Her photo post from when she switched: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150333189543176&set=a.353945488175.152311.166116438175&type=1

Thanks for all the love on Patrick's photos everyone... I'm even more thrilled to see the complete set when he finishes, but am happy to have these handful of amazingness already! I had high expectations when I went into the shoot and Patrick didn't let us down! :)
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2011
    Shima wrote: »
    On a somewhat related note to this, the photographer we booked for our wedding, who *was* a Canon shooter, just switched to Nikon. Thankfully she has 14 months to get used to her new gear, so I'm not really worried, but I won't lie, I was a little sad that she left the Canon club since we had fun talks about our Canon gear when I booked her, haha. Her photo post from when she switched: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150333189543176&set=a.353945488175.152311.166116438175&type=1

Thanks for all the love on Patrick's photos everyone... I'm even more thrilled to see the complete set when he finishes, but am happy to have these handful of amazingness already! I had high expectations when I went into the shoot and Patrick didn't let us down! :)

I think we might see the Canon turn Nikon might turn back to Canon... :Dmwink.gif

You just can't go wrong with Pat. Unless you don't buy him drinks...deal.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2011
    Dude, is there an alpenglow colored gel that I don't know about? :-D

=Matt=

It's a photoshop action, didn't you get it?

I don't have tons of work yet booked this winter, plus the majority of my work is solo - I only book about 10 weddings a year with a 2nd. But I will let you know if anything comes up...

It's still a nice place to come for vacation though! I'd love to see you guys when you come up here - definitely give me a call when you can make it up.
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2011
    thanks everyone for the love! It was so much fun working with Cat and Terry. They were super excited about everything, which of course makes my job about 10x easier :)
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2011
    You just can't go wrong with Pat. Unless you don't buy him drinks...deal.gif

I'm not sure if I should put this in my contract, or my FAQ's. :)
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    And what results! It is no wonder Shima was so very excited! Congratulations you two (three!)
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2011
    thanks everyone for the love! It was so much fun working with Cat and Terry. They were super excited about everything, which of course makes my job about 10x easier :)

And I'm still super excited! It was really a blast, and it was very cool to see how you work as you're definitely on my list of photographers I look up to :) Can't wait to see the complete gallery in a few weeks, I'm being a good girl though and using that virtue of patience, hehe.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2011
    It's a photoshop action, didn't you get it?

I don't have tons of work yet booked this winter, plus the majority of my work is solo - I only book about 10 weddings a year with a 2nd. But I will let you know if anything comes up...

It's still a nice place to come for vacation though! I'd love to see you guys when you come up here - definitely give me a call when you can make it up.

Oh, I totally prefer shooting solo too. But you know us landscape photographer types, you won't even know I'm there! I'll probably be off doing star trails or something during the reception, or HDR's during the day. The studio I'm with now actually does a lot of HDR portraiture, it's pretty epic sometimes...

I'm sure we'll be in touch someday. I'm so bummed I missed the camping trip that my wife's family took this summer, but work was just way too insane. We'll see what the future holds!

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum