edited October 31, 2011 in Street and Documentary
i-vh2KMCJ-XL.jpg

i-W4vDh5G-XL.jpg

i-LRQGw86-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited October 26, 2011
    Number 3 is simply wonderful. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif Looks like #2 is a tighter version, but it's not nearly as effective because all we know is that it's a distorted reflection, but not that it's a reflection from a piano. I like #1 as well. My first thought was that the director is giving the finger to one of the musicians, but on second viewing I realized that it must be his thumb. That probably says more about my mood this morning than it does about the pic. lol3.gif

Well done, rainbow.
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    You're in that reflection in #3 somewhere Rainbow. I know you are! My instinct would be to draw back the highlights in the last somewhat. Not so much to kill the high key, just enough to release some edges and detail.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    1 & 3 for me as well ylsuper.gif
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Love #3, everything about it, including the conversion!
    As to your reflection--I find it very odd that you never appear in reflection shots. I am starting to wonder about you. This coincides with me picking up Bram Stoker's "Dracula"--just sayin.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Wonderful work, Rainbow. One is terrific, really capturing the enthusiasm of the teacher. Number two is just too odd for my taste, but three really works. My one suggestion in terms of three - which of course is pretty useless after the fact, would have been to pull back just about a foot or two to get a bit more of the two out of focus students in the shot. But I am nit picking.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    #3 is spectacular. The context is clear from the instant I saw the image. And the crossed feet of the piano player seem like a little bonus (smile) for me. I kind of like the two OOF kids used as a bounding area right and left.
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Number 3 is simply wonderful. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif Looks like #2 is a tighter version, but it's not nearly as effective because all we know is that it's a distorted reflection, but not that it's a reflection from a piano. I like #1 as well. My first thought was that the director is giving the finger to one of the musicians, but on second viewing I realized that it must be his thumb. That probably says more about my mood this morning than it does about the pic. lol3.gif

Well done, rainbow.

Thanks! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2011
    michswiss wrote: »
    You're in that reflection in #3 somewhere Rainbow. I know you are! My instinct would be to draw back the highlights in the last somewhat. Not so much to kill the high key, just enough to release some edges and detail.

Nope -- not in it...headscratch.gif

I actually like the highlights with just the legs AND the water bottle up top showing.
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2011
    bfjr wrote: »
    1 & 3 for me as well ylsuper.gif
    Love #3, everything about it, including the conversion!
    As to your reflection--I find it very odd that you never appear in reflection shots. I am starting to wonder about you. This coincides with me picking up Bram Stoker's "Dracula"--just sayin.

Thanks! My reflection doesn't appear unless it is a full moon!:buttkiss :ivar
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2011
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Wonderful work, Rainbow. One is terrific, really capturing the enthusiasm of the teacher. Number two is just too odd for my taste, but three really works. My one suggestion in terms of three - which of course is pretty useless after the fact, would have been to pull back just about a foot or two to get a bit more of the two out of focus students in the shot. But I am nit picking.
    M38A1 wrote: »
    #3 is spectacular. The context is clear from the instant I saw the image. And the crossed feet of the piano player seem like a little bonus (smile) for me. I kind of like the two OOF kids used as a bounding area right and left.

Thank you. I could not pull back because the camera was probably held between two kids, but I could have cropped wider. I chose not to because the increased area of the two kids began to distract from the center emphasis.
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2011
    Very good work. That # 3 is spectacular. It's a " Hall of Fame " entry for sure.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2011
    Very good work. That # 3 is spectacular. It's a " Hall of Fame " entry for sure.

Tom

Thank you for the "high praise". Would like to see you posting here more!