Options

A Short Break in Cape Town

InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
edited November 18, 2011 in Journeys
I recently had a long drawn out business trip to Harare, Zimbabwe; perhaps one of the most boring cities in the world (the boss doesn't approve of fun, apparently) and when it came time to come back to the UK, I thought I'd start with a break in Cape Town. It was an interesting few days with some very interesting light. In no particular order, here are a few photos:

Camps Bay
Cape-Town-045-2011-10-19-at-13-XL.jpg

Lion's Head
Cape-Town-041-2011-10-19-at-13-XL.jpg

The Twelve Apostles
Cape-Town-046-2011-10-19-at-13-XL.jpg

A Kirstenbosch Garden Scape
Cape-Town-037-2011-10-19-at-11-XL.jpg

Sun Drenched Harbour, Rain Drenched City
Cape-Town-028-2011-10-18-at-16-XL.jpg

The Postcard View, Sans Blue Sky And Mountain
Cape-Town-029-2011-10-18-at-16-XL.jpg

The Victoria And Alfred Waterfront
Cape-Town-030-2011-10-18-at-16-XL.jpg

The complete gallery can be found here:

This Is Cape Town
This is Cape Town - Slide Show

Comments

• Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2011
    Nice. I haven't seen Cape Town in this way before. Challenging light in some of them. Surprisingly "underpopulated"?

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    Nice. I haven't seen Cape Town in this way before. Challenging light in some of them. Surprisingly "underpopulated"?

Neil

Thanks Neil. Yes, the light was sometimes challenging and, a surprising number of times in post processing, I found myself thinking "raw to the rescue" (and I found myself liking the results). At this time of the year, the weather in that part of South Africa is very changeable and there occasions when I'd almost completely given up taking photos, only to end up with a keeper or two.

Underpopulated? It was a working week, off season which probably explains why the spots I visited weren't too crowded. Also, I was a bit more disciplined in my cropping than usual (not to mention who I allowed in the frame)......

Thanks,
    J
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2011
    Oooo yay Cape Town photos!!! I'm getting married there on 12/12/12 next year (ceremony will be on Oudekraal beach). So exciting to see photos of Cape Town :) I can't wait to go next year!
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2011
    Congratulations. Enjoy Cape Town - I think you will find it a very hospitable city.
  • Options
    spacefuzzspacefuzz Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2011
    Thanks for posting the pictures, I used to live off camps bay beach so it was a very pleasant suprise seeing your thread :)