Options

Bill Clinton's Presidential Library

FearNothing321FearNothing321 Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
edited November 6, 2011 in Journeys
This weekend I was in Little Rock, AR at a conference and was able to go on a tour of the Library. Here are some of my favorite shots.

6290582002_1803cf3137_b.jpg
Clinton Presidential Library Panorama by Blue Moon Originals, on Flickr

6292808563_860af54921_b.jpg
Clinton Library by Blue Moon Originals, on Flickr

6293276798_25acfd64e1_b.jpg
Clinton Library Seal by Blue Moon Originals, on Flickr

6293282598_2475613197_b.jpg
Bill Clinton's Chess Set by Blue Moon Originals, on Flickr

6292884189_eec3dc7340_b.jpg
Saxes by Blue Moon Originals, on Flickr

6292749963_7c03dfb4fd_b.jpg
Chihuly "The Millennium Tree" by Blue Moon Originals, on Flickr

6292744021_12e076b664_b.jpg
Clinton's Oval Office by Blue Moon Originals, on Flickr

6292746969_0c813c6eea_b.jpg
Moon Rock by Blue Moon Originals, on Flickr
Nikon D800, Pentax K1000

You don't take a photograph, you make it. ~Ansel Adams

Blue Moon Originals

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,912 moderator
    edited November 6, 2011
    Clinton's library looks pretty nice. And he got a moon rock?

Just read an interesting story pertaining to moon rocks. Although Clinton (or anyone for that matter) may have one, they remain the property of NASA and you cannot sell them. Apparently, an older woman needing the money tried to sell one given as a gift--and was arrested :eek1
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    FearNothing321FearNothing321 Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2011
    The one in the Library is a replica of the one that is passed down from President to President. The one in the White House is passed down to each President when the take the office (they are not allowed to remove it from the White House itself). The tour of the Clinton Library was very interesting.

When I was framing that shot I was trying to use the lines on the couches to draw attention to the rock itself.

I have also heard about people trying to sell NASA related items and getting in big trouble for it.
    Nikon D800, Pentax K1000

You don't take a photograph, you make it. ~Ansel Adams

Blue Moon Originals
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,912 moderator
    edited November 6, 2011
    I have to admit, I was a little taken aback when the article said the lady called NASA and said she wanted to sell it and they didn't say "it's not yours to sell" or something similar but instead, set up a sting to arrest her. She was 70something. I mean really? It was a huge waste of taxpayer money not to mention putting an old lady in jail for a crime they could easily have avoided seeing as how they knew it was illegal to begin with--it's almost entrapment.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2011
    ian408 wrote: »
    I have to admit, I was a little taken aback when the article said the lady called NASA and said she wanted to sell it and they didn't say "it's not yours to sell" or something similar but instead, set up a sting to arrest her. She was 70something. I mean really? It was a huge waste of taxpayer money not to mention putting an old lady in jail for a crime they could easily have avoided seeing as how they knew it was illegal to begin with--it's almost entrapment.

Almost?????

Sam
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2011
    The one in the Library is a replica of the one that is passed down from President to President. The one in the White House is passed down to each President when the take the office (they are not allowed to remove it from the White House itself). The tour of the Clinton Library was very interesting.

When I was framing that shot I was trying to use the lines on the couches to draw attention to the rock itself.

I have also heard about people trying to sell NASA related items and getting in big trouble for it.

They took everything else when they left the White House, what makes you think they they didn't take the moon rock? :D

Sam