Several Wks Ago

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited November 6, 2011 in Street and Documentary
gone

Comments

• Options
    richardmanrichardman Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2011
    What are those vertical bands? Are you using an LS8000 scanner?
    "Some People Drive, We Are Driven"
    // richard <http://www.richardmanphoto.com&gt;
    richardmanphoto on Facebook and Instagram
  • Options
    lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2011
    Interesting style this has lot of line and shape but is lacking in form but that's just me .
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2011
    Kind of "Escher-esque". Just needs a lot more people (in all orientations -- spacial, not sexual...)
  • Options
    lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2011
    bfjr wrote: »
    Explain please what you mean ?

Essentially it lacks depth " form " being one element of design is seen in three dimensional where as shape is only two. It depends on light and the resulting shadows, it best to photograph a subject with side lighting to reveal it's form. The contrast between the the light and dark areas of a sidelit shape give it form,but you probably already know that.
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2011
    It's a very good shot, Ben, and mysterious enough to make it a pretty good street shot. Why are those guys facing each other at the top of this monster piece of architecture? The only thing I don't like is the way the foliage in the background breaks up the clean lines of the silhouetted stairways. But there was no way to avoid that, and I'm not sure cloning the foliage out would be legit. Mole's right. It's just him.
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2011
    bfjr wrote: »
    Yeah all that but it still needed more people, I think.

No way. One of the things you need to learn, Ben, is for street shots, generally speaking, the less crowded and the simpler the better. When too many people are in the picture the geometry becomes difficult. Don't forget how important geometry is in street photography.