Options

Bag for 2 gripped cameras

mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
edited November 9, 2011 in Accessories
I use 2 cameras most times, a 5d and 7d, both gripped. My largest bag, Tamrac Pro12, will accommodate them but just barely. I was wondering what other folks use in this situation. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 24, 2011
    Looks like (for me) the Tamrac 5613 Ultra Pro 13 may be the answer.

Here are the dimensions if anyone is interested in the bag I have and the 5613:
    Tamrac 5612 Pro 12
    Internal Dimensions: 15 W x 7 D x 8¼ H

Tamrac 5613 Ultra Pro 13
    15 1/2 x 7 1/2 x 10 1/2" (39 x 19 x 27cm) (WxDxH)
  • Options
    1KIND1KIND Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited November 9, 2011
    Check out my review on the ThinkTank Retrospective 10. It can hold 1 gripped camera in the main compartment with lens attached and the second gripped camera in the front pocket

http://1kindphotography.blogspot.com/2011/10/review-thinktank-retrospective-10.html

Of course, you'll need a bigger one if you have bigger lenses.
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2011
    1KIND wrote: »
    Check out my review on the ThinkTank Retrospective 10. It can hold 1 gripped camera in the main compartment with lens attached and the second gripped camera in the front pocket

http://1kindphotography.blogspot.com/2011/10/review-thinktank-retrospective-10.html

Of course, you'll need a bigger one if you have bigger lenses.

Thanks, looks promising! I'll give it a closer look.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    I have a Lowepro Steaht 650 or something, I forget which but it's the biggest one they make in the Stealth line. I don't even know if they still make that line, but anyways I can hold two tripped bodies, with lenses attached, no problem. Facing down, too, which is something I really like for easy access. Or, I can fit THREE un-gripped cameras, with lenses attached, facing down. :-)

HOWEVER, I'm definitely going to recommend something different altogether. GET A ROLLING BAG. Save your neck / back / shoulders! If this is for work and you NEED two cameras, then chances are you're not tied to a shoulder bag or backpack. I would strongly encourage a rolling bag.

I barely use my Lowepro bag anymore for cameras, it is now my "mobile workstation bag" that holds a massive laptop and hard drives etc. Now, I roll with a rolling bag and a small shoulder bag that is just for lenses and small un-gripped bodies.

Just my personal experience!

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2011
    I have a Lowepro Steaht 650 or something, I forget which but it's the biggest one they make in the Stealth line. I don't even know if they still make that line, but anyways I can hold two tripped bodies, with lenses attached, no problem. Facing down, too, which is something I really like for easy access. Or, I can fit THREE un-gripped cameras, with lenses attached, facing down. :-)

HOWEVER, I'm definitely going to recommend something different altogether. GET A ROLLING BAG. Save your neck / back / shoulders! If this is for work and you NEED two cameras, then chances are you're not tied to a shoulder bag or backpack. I would strongly encourage a rolling bag.

I barely use my Lowepro bag anymore for cameras, it is now my "mobile workstation bag" that holds a massive laptop and hard drives etc. Now, I roll with a rolling bag and a small shoulder bag that is just for lenses and small un-gripped bodies.

Just my personal experience!

=Matt=

That thought had occured to me and I had the Kata Pro-Light FlyBy-74 Rolling Case on my short list.
  • Options
    travischancetravischance Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    I use the Temba Shootout Small. In the main compartment when I travel, I'm able to pack a Mark IV, 7D Gripped, 16-35 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 50 1.4, 135 2.0, one 580EX II, 2 spare 7D batteries, 1 spare Mark IV battery, 2 Lee 4x6 filters, Giottos large blower, Canon RS 80N3 remote & 1 Stoffen Omni bounce. In the two side pockets, I'm able to store an Expodisc WB filter, CF card case & a Cokin Z-Pro filter holder. What I like most about this bag is that that the zippers are waterproof & it doesn't scream, "I'm holding expensive camera gear." I'd definitely recommend it to anyone.
    Travis M. Chance
    twin Mark IV's & a bunch of "L" glass
    sitefacebook