Options

finally! an idea for MC #14

powderpowder Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
edited November 11, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
The creative juices have been taking a while to start flowing. This is my first idea ...(would love to get the model in a white dress with some flowers! Might have to up the bribery-ante).

I have another idea simmering on the back burner. any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome.

thanks, Joy

Get Me to the Church on Time
getmetothechurchedited-1-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    Cute idea and does fit the theme! Maybe a bit of a crop at the top?
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    Great idea. Feels like it needs the white dress and flowers to me to work without even a title.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,949 moderator
    edited November 9, 2011
    Great idea for the mega! White dress would definitely be a plus!
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    Really like it, but agree that a white dress or gown would add to photo visually as well as enrich the "late" story. I would also play with a tighter crop. Nice idea. GP
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2011
    thanks for the feedback. Interesting to hear your crop ideas, I wondered if viewers would need MORE of the church. I'll see if I can find a "bride" :)
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    Terrific concept!
    I like that single point composition with the subject in extreme parts of the frame. So the comp works for me. But the shadows on the doors are harsh, and my guess is they are ornate and would help define this as a church. And then with the vignette, I can't get my eye out of the center of the frame, if that makes sense.
    With regard to the bride.. I think it's a must to define who this person is. I wonder what it may play likeif they had the dress in-tow. Slug over the shoulder, flowing long behind her as she dashes to the church. It may help you in getting a model to assist you, since they wouldn't need to dress, but rather carry the dress...and run. :o)
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback on processing, and the dress-carrying idea! She might really prefer that! good one.