Options

Roughlock Falls

IslandcrowIslandcrow Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
edited November 14, 2011 in Landscapes
Well, I'm over in Afghanistan this year and missing the fall colors, but fortunately, many of you have been generous enough to share your fall photos. So, I decided to pull one from last year. This is a little spot in the Black Hills, SD known as Roughlock Falls.

1141871891_gPEjU-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2011
    first of all, from one veteran to another, thank you for your service (i assume you're military). i like the shot, a bit of a blue tint to the water, but a lovely composition!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    kd5fexkd5fex Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2011
    Happy Veterns days from a Vet. Watch you six! The photo is great. The different colors add somehting extra to the photo.

God Speed and a Safe Return..........
    Gallery - http://kd5fex.smugmug.com

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anway" ~ John Wayne
  • Options
    rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2011
    Thanks for your service...
    As a vet from a couple of wars ago, thank you for being there and doing what you are doing for me and the rest of our nation.

Happy 11/11/11....
  • Options
    IslandcrowIslandcrow Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    Yeah, cooling down the color of the water was a bit of artistic license, but perhaps it only suits my tastes. In the early morning light and the shade of that cove, it does in fact have a bluish tint, but maybe I'll try something a bit warmer and see if that works better. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 14, 2011
    Beautiful falls and colors. Although as mentioned, probably a bit too blue. Best of luck in Afghanistan!