bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2011
    lensmole wrote: »
    I really like # 3 thumb.gif

Good to hear and Thnaks
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2011
    This is a strong set of three photos in having me explore the shots to see what catches my eye.

#1 is a "freakshow" with the umbrella person on the right being a nice touch. I am guessing that this was partly a "shadow" shot -- but they don't work for me here and I would crop the left and bottom.

#2 has some interesting interaction with the boys facial expressions and body languages being of interest. At first I thought it was the lady's arm on the boy. All the connecting arms lead the eyes toward the boys.

#3 captures the ambiance of a subway station so well. Everyone in their own world, some alone, some interacting, some rushing, some waiting...
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    rainbow wrote: »
    This is a strong set of three photos in having me explore the shots to see what catches my eye.

#1 is a "freakshow" with the umbrella person on the right being a nice touch. I am guessing that this was partly a "shadow" shot -- but they don't work for me here and I would crop the left and bottom.

#2 has some interesting interaction with the boys facial expressions and body languages being of interest. At first I thought it was the lady's arm on the boy. All the connecting arms lead the eyes toward the boys.

#3 captures the ambiance of a subway station so well. Everyone in their own world, some alone, some interacting, some rushing, some waiting...

Well you pretty much covered most of my feelings about these 3. #3 is my own personal pick but the worlds a big place with lots of differing views. Just recently I received a critque about #1 that went like this :
    Before you know it - one is in there, uncomfortably in the frame, fathoming the ominous foreground shadow and trying to make sense of the umbrellas. The twisting in the mans neck, the bare feet, all these seemingly odd happenings are thankfully given relief in the enchanting woman's smile. Your image is a carnival that reaches out and brings you in - great stuff.

Of course it's a little over the top but hey that's how he/she feels and what photographer doesn't want to hear that an image of theirs, "reaches out and brings you in".