Options

Like? Or Loath?

Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
edited November 13, 2011 in People
As in my previous post, I have the opportunity to play with the lights with a mate of mine. I also like playing in Photoshop! :)

Here is Andy again, but this time with some playin' in t'shop and with some FX Pro stuff thrown in. What do you make of this?

6338169867_eb67427871_o.jpg
Andy Bizby Mono full texture by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

Don't want to put pre-conceived ideas in people's heads, but I thought it was starting to look a bit "Dragan"....but I might be wrong! :)

Comments

• Options
    LeonieLeonie Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    Personally for me there's too much texture and pattern going on but bear in mind I'm someone who likes keeping things simple. It's good to experiment and I'm sure this will be to other people's taste :)
    ~ Keep it simple ~

Smugmug Gallery

Team Hannah
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2011
    Leonie wrote: »
    Personally for me there's too much texture and pattern going on but bear in mind I'm someone who likes keeping things simple. It's good to experiment and I'm sure this will be to other people's taste :)

Yes, some like, some don't. :)

I think it would be better with a plain background, but as I said in my other post, that is my next task...to sort out the background. :)

Cheers
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    Hmmmm, that is for me over the top. I assume that you pulled the contrast and clarity/structure way up. This works well mainly for character heads . But here it is a bit to much. But again that is a matter of taste. have you tried NIK filters ?
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2011
    D3Sshooter wrote: »
    Hmmmm, that is for me over the top. I assume that you pulled the contrast and clarity/structure way up. This works well mainly for character heads . But here it is a bit to much. But again that is a matter of taste. have you tried NIK filters ?

This IS Nik software...some colourFX and some SilverFX....I said in the first post. :)

Cheers
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    This IS Nik software...some colourFX and some SilverFX....I said in the first post. :)

Cheers

Great stuff isn't it. I always use it with LRIII. Sorry did not see it before (first post). I am new here , trying to find my way.

Anyhow, do you like the picture ?
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2011
    D3Sshooter wrote: »
    Great stuff isn't it. I always use it with LRIII. Sorry did not see it before (first post). I am new here , trying to find my way.

Anyhow, do you like the picture ?

No problem. I am new to Nik stuff, so I'm just playing, too. I try different stuff, adding an effect to another, and so on. This image is 3 separate Nik things from Colour FX and Silver FX. I am trying to adjust things a little too, so i am not relying on the standard settings...

Cheers
  • Options
    BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    I don't like and I don't loathe. But definitely too strongly stylized for my taste. Doesn't look like skin anymore.
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2011
    I don't like and I don't loathe. But definitely too strongly stylized for my taste. Doesn't look like skin anymore.

That's ok. :)
    I was expecting lots of different reactions, anyway...

Just for "interest" I did a bit of different PP and sorted a background...I will get it right at the shoot next time.
    How is this, everyone? Better?

6341112910_4a5ce9aac6_o.jpg
    Andy Bizby Mono full texture 1a by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    I think the overall processing missed the mark. Don't give up though!!!!! I think we all miss the mark more than we hit it, but if we don't keep trying we will never hit it!!

Sam
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    I think the overall processing missed the mark. Don't give up though!!!!! I think we all miss the mark more than we hit it, but if we don't keep trying we will never hit it!!

Sam

Cheers Sam...probably miss more than we admit to! I miss 99% of the time, I reckon! :)