bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited November 13, 2011 in Street and Documentary
gone

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited November 9, 2011
    Hmm...where'd they go? headscratch.gif

I haven't been around as much as usual in the past few weeks--I just moved into a new apartment and the amount of work has been daunting. Hoping to catch up soon.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    Hey Benjamin,
    I know you have some of the thickest skin on this forum, so I'm wondering why you removed a shot myself.

Man walkin on the edge of the frame w/ a dog in his arms right?'

I couldn't think of any titles--so the "title" confused me a bit:)
    But also, I'm used to many of your shots having a wtf factor and this one was just a man walking w/ dog (hey there is your title).

So I"m commenting after the fact, hope you don't mind.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Hmm...where'd they go? headscratch.gif

I haven't been around as much as usual in the past few weeks--I just moved into a new apartment and the amount of work has been daunting. Hoping to catch up soon.
    Hey Benjamin,
    I know you have some of the thickest skin on this forum, so I'm wondering why you removed a shot myself.

Man walkin on the edge of the frame w/ a dog in his arms right?'

I couldn't think of any titles--so the "title" confused me a bit:)
    But also, I'm used to many of your shots having a wtf factor and this one was just a man walking w/ dog (hey there is your title).

So I"m commenting after the fact, hope you don't mind.

I was going to let this be, but the members and you Folks deserve better.
    Just hope you don't regret asking.

I captured the image of the "Boy and His Dog" (Yeah that was going to be the Title) as I do all my captures.

The light, the way he was cradling his pup, the dogs calm acceptance, maybe even joy in the ride he/she was receiving.

After getting it back and working on it further and then posting, I realized that the real reason I shot this was because it reminded me so much of years earlier and my time with my best friend that past a few months ago.

It was then that the pain of that loss came rushing up, and although I've been down this road many times this wound is not quick to heal.
    About the same time I realized that a negative comment about this post would be met with the ugly side of me and that would not be fair or proper.

So aided by a couple glasses of Wine, I deleted this and then got even angrier and deleted others.

My apologizes the Forum and it's Members/Guests, but that's the truth.
    I guess I am not as "Thick Skinned" as we thought.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    bfjr wrote: »
    I was going to let this be, but the members and you Folks deserve better.
    Just hope you don't regret asking.

I captured the image of the "Boy and His Dog" (Yeah that was going to be the Title) as I do all my captures.

The light, the way he was cradling his pup, the dogs calm acceptance, maybe even joy in the ride he/she was receiving.

After getting it back and working on it further and then posting, I realized that the real reason I shot this was because it reminded me so much of years earlier and my time with my best friend that past a few months ago.

It was then that the pain of that loss came rushing up, and although I've been down this road many times this wound is not quick to heal.
    About the same time I realized that a negative comment about this post would be met with the ugly side of me and that would not be fair or proper.

So aided by a couple glasses of Wine, I deleted this and then got even angrier and deleted others.

My apologizes the Forum and it's Members/Guests, but that's the truth.
    I guess I am not as "Thick Skinned" as we thought.

Holy cow! I just went back to some of your posts and realized they are gone.

It's funny, I have been here a couple of years and read some blogs and other forums, but it's "street" here that makes me the angriest or most defensive. It passes.

I've had a dog, Woody, who is has been gone for 13 years and a cat, Mackie, that is gone for 1.5 years, I have not gotten other pets since, unless you count two fish. I understand how you feel.

I can also understand your reason for pulling the shot. I'm not sure if any comments would have made you happy with an emotional shot like that. But I don't know why you pulled the others--but there was wine involved so...

I'll not be treating you with kid gloves mind you, but it's good to know you're not quite as thick skinned as I thought.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2011

I'll not be treating you with kid gloves mind you, but it's good to know you're not quite as thick skinned as I thought.

Please do not and Thank You.
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Understand completely why you did what you did. My thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited November 13, 2011
    dogdots wrote: »
    i'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Understand completely why you did what you did. My thoughts are with you.

+1
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?