Options

New Proshow Version - Publish to Smugmug

lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
edited November 18, 2011 in Digital Darkroom
Photodex is working a new version of its software - Proshow Producer. Expect to see some cool stuff.

Phil
http://www.PhilsImaging.com
"You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
Phil

Comments

• Options
    ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2011
    I like Proshow, but I do so few slideshows that I can't justify buying Producer. I have Proshow Gold right now. Seems like upload to smugmug is getting into a lot of software - Proshow, Lightroom, etc.

If you do slideshows then Proshow is great. They update their products very infrequently - I like this, because you don't have to upgrade as often, and they pack lots of features into the upgrades when they do release them.
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2011
    I like Proshow, but I do so few slideshows that I can't justify buying Producer. I have Proshow Gold right now. Seems like upload to smugmug is getting into a lot of software - Proshow, Lightroom, etc.

If you do slideshows then Proshow is great. They update their products very infrequently - I like this, because you don't have to upgrade as often, and they pack lots of features into the upgrades when they do release them.

Photodex upgrades yearly.

Proshow offers more capabilities if you do a lot of video creation from your photos. My most recent video was 19 minutes long, 6 voice overs, 8 songs and over 600 photos (a time lapse section). I showed it to a live audience of over 300 a few weeks ago. People loved it.

I wish they would categorize this type of software differently. I am not a fan of the word "slideshow" for this type of software because it has business PPT presentation connotation. It is far from than that. I prefer to think of it as Photo Video software. Besides adding photos you can also include video clips too. It is pretty amazing what this category of software can do.

Take care,
    Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    mikyredsmikyreds Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 18, 2011
    Proshow is the ONLY reason for a Windows partition in my MacBook.

Nothing of this kind exist for osx ... nothing.

I've tried a dozed of slideshow software for mac, but if you are used to Proshow you are sort of addicted.