Options

"S" is for stereo? Say cheese!

sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
edited November 21, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hiya! How about something a bit goofy? I'm not sure I'll enter them in this challenge, but the combination of a bright, cold day, my friend in her marvelous coat and her nifty, nifty Stereo Realist camera was one that I thought might make you all smile......

What do you think? Are they too silly?

1. i-4b3R9Qg-M.jpg

i-HBvMJQM-M.jpg

i-6chd2zf-M.jpg

i-hF8BBGk-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    Leah, these are awfully cute; however they don't say "stereo" to me at all...I have no idea what this camera is! Her SMILE sure says SMILE, though :D
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2011
    Kate, if you're under the age of 40 or so, like me, you may never have seen one of these before....it's a blast from the past.....the end product is a 3D slide. You have to have a little viewer (which you can still buy) to see the slide. And it uses REAL film! It seems like ages since I last handled a roll of film. Which then made me realize that my daughters, both under the age of 10, could probably live their entire lives and never use a roll of film.
    It's probably too big of a stretch for most of us to know what the funky camera in the pictures is. If you want to know more, here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereo_Realist
    That's ok, I've got other ideas on the back burner.
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    I had one of these in the early 1990's. Don't recall having done much with it. Not sure where it is, now.

I like #3 of this series. But I think you can do better with this subject! thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2011
    Thanks, Don! Yep, I can do better and for once, the stars have aligned to help. I have! I appreciate your confidence in me. Just entered something totally different....