Options

Tango

SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
edited November 21, 2011 in Street and Documentary
DSCF4098-Version-2-L.jpg
Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951

Comments

• Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2011
    That guy sure drags his toes a lot....

I like the lighting on the main couple and the ancillary lighting/couple in the background. The image conjures up some fun street dancing after a little adult beverage. thumb.gif
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 16, 2011
    excellent capture. even absent a title I have little doubt anyone wouldn't understand what they're looking at.
    I love the darkness of the image with your subject highlighted and just a hint of background atmosphere.

clap.gif
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2011
    Angelo wrote: »
    excellent capture. even absent a title I have little doubt anyone wouldn't understand what they're looking at.
    I love the darkness of the image with your subject highlighted and just a hint of background atmosphere.

clap.gif

This is a great shot. I like it because it captures the real essence of tango, everyday people, smoky, a bit rowdy, not the glamourous style that is served for tourists. Well seen clap.gif
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    Enjoy this one with the lighting and feel of the shot. Wonderful shooting angle and like their gaze down and out of the frame. The couple in shadow in the background elevates the shot. Are they outdoors? That is what helps too, because now it makes me wonder why...
  • Options
    SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    The setting was Under the Pont Alexandre III in Paris and the dancing looked to be a regular event. I used on camera flash to light the scene and highlight the couple closest to the camera.

The scene was exactly as described by Juano thumb.gif
    Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    Robert Doisneau would approve, though he might not be happy about the flash.