Comments

• babowcbabowc Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2011
    sheesh, they make you go through the entire process in order to see the price!
    I stopped 95% in, and didn't continue on the paypal page... $2000 for a brand new 5dii is a great price...
    -Mike Jin
    D800
    16/2.8, f1.4G primes, f2.8 trio, 105/200 macro, SB900.
    It never gets easier, you just get better.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2011
    Thanks - just bought one for a future giveaway from SmugMug :D (Stay tuned, it'll be for early 2012).
  • OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2011
    babowc wrote: »
    sheesh, they make you go through the entire process in order to see the price!
    I stopped 95% in, and didn't continue on the paypal page... $2000 for a brand new 5dii is a great price...

If you don't look at the main black friday sale page you do... I wouldn't have gone thru all of that since I'm not in the market for it atm. They could have caught it and took it out but i'd be too lazy to find out for kicks lol
    Andy wrote: »
    Thanks - just bought one for a future giveaway from SmugMug :D (Stay tuned, it'll be for early 2012).

I'll be sure to win that mwink.gif Please? rolleyes1.gif
    keep me posted I wanna take my chances :D
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2011

Maybe it'll be a contest that isn't open only to facebook users?!?

mwink.gifwinkmwink.gifdeal.gifdealdeal.gif
    edited November 26, 2011
    Pupator wrote: »
    Maybe it'll be a contest that isn't open only to facebook users?!?

mwink.gifwinkmwink.gifdeal.gifdealdeal.gif

you never know.. but fb is free! And you can use any email address you like, that you own.
  • kenken Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited November 27, 2011
    +1 for not a Face Book contest, I spend too much time at the computer as it is. Absolutely no interest in FB.
    Life is too important to take seriously, no one gets out of it alive.
    edited November 27, 2011
    you never know.. but fb is free! And you can use any email address you like, that you own.

Andy, that's a silly response and you know it. The financial cost or having to give them our e-mail addresses are not the reasons why many of us refuse to use Facebook. But you know that. thumb.gif
    edited November 27, 2011
    Andy, that's a silly response and you know it. The financial cost or having to give them our e-mail addresses are not the reasons why many of us refuse to use Facebook. But you know that. thumb.gif

Up to you, Pup. I'm not sure how we'll give it away, actually. But for want of a silly throw-away email address, not entering to me doesn't equate.

What on earth is the financial cost? ear.gif
    edited November 27, 2011
    There is no financial cost - as you stated.

My point was that many, many people have explained on many, many threads in this forum (which you've read) why they don't want to be a part of Facebook. DGrin can (and will) use Facebook for its contests if it wants to but it does so to the exclusion of some of it's users. That is our choice for sure. But it's a lot like the grocery store rewards cards. Do I lose out on "rewards" by refusing to hand over my personal information? (Harris Teeter requires a DL #, can you believe that?) Yep. Does it makes sense to me to give in? Nope. There are lots of good reasons why so many of us are uninterested in supporting Facebook in any way. So we'll just keeping asking DGrin to throw us a bone every now and then and have a contest that doesn't exclude us.
    edited November 27, 2011
    There is no financial cost - as you stated.

My point was that many, many people have explained on many, many threads in this forum (which you've read) why they don't want to be a part of Facebook. DGrin can (and will) use Facebook for its contests if it wants to but it does so to the exclusion of some of it's users. That is our choice for sure. But it's a lot like the grocery store rewards cards. Do I lose out on "rewards" by refusing to hand over my personal information? (Harris Teeter requires a DL #, can you believe that?) Yep. Does it makes sense to me to give in? Nope. There are lots of good reasons why so many of us are uninterested in supporting Facebook in any way. So we'll just keeping asking DGrin to throw us a bone every now and then and have a contest that doesn't exclude us.

You can have a FB account that has NO personal info on it, other than an email address, which, via Google, are free deal.gif
    edited November 27, 2011
    Ok Andy. You can continue to (mwink.gif) miss the point. I'll continue to ask for Facebook-free contests. :D
  • OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2011
    You can have a FB account that has NO personal info on it, other than an email address, which, via Google, are free deal.gif

Guys guys, let me do you a favor and calm all this tension!

Mail that MKII to my place and it's settled!
    edited November 27, 2011
    Not a bit of tension - Andy and I go back years and I have great respect for him (except when it comes to his views on Facebook!).

Still - mailing you the camera might not be a bad idea...
    You can mail my kickback payment to...