Options

Aruba Trash the Dress Session :)

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited November 26, 2011 in Weddings
Shot their wedding on 11/11/11 and then they volunteered to go down to the beach with me at 7:30am the NEXT MORNING! Talk about troopers, they were a seriously awesome couple :) The bride is a photographer herself too, so she really wanted the trash the dress session and helped me talk her husband into it so off we went! I had such a blast shooting this and have gotten an overwhelming amount of great responses to the photos on my Facebook fan page. I'll share some of the ones that caught people's attention the most :)

All images in this session were done w/ either 35L or 85L attached to my 5DMkII bodies. No flash used in any of the TTD, I left everything else up in the hotel room for this :)

1. One of my personal favorites from the session. The sun was coming from behind my back, and I got super lucky when a boat drove behind them and it was a shiny silver boat that bounced the light back on the water as you see here... I made sure to frame it so you couldn't see the boat of course :)
IMG2922-L.jpg

2. While we were shooting her in the water, the bride looked at where I was standing, and being a photographer herself, saw me there and goes "ooo hey let's do a silhouette!" so I give the idea of this photo to the bride, I was really pleased with how it came out so I'm glad she suggested it!
IMG4009-L.jpg

3. I kept most of my edits on the very natural side of things, but got some nice feedback for this one
IMG4001-L.jpg

4. Another photo I tinted and got nice comments on the Facebook page for
IMG3992-L.jpg

5. ok back to the natural colors :)
IMG4003-L.jpg

6. nice and wide :)
IMG4020-L.jpg

7. we played with the water too of course ;)
IMG2853-L.jpg

8. I cloned most boats and things out of the background, but w/ this photo and the water droplets everywhere the boat stayed
IMG2870-L.jpg

9. I played up the color of this one a bit with one of my Lightroom presets
IMG2883-L.jpg

10. Same color enhancements for this one
IMG2931-L.jpg

11. This might be a good album ending page with them facing away perhaps
IMG2824-M.jpg

12. took them a little closer to shore near the end of the shoot
IMG4041-L.jpg

13. last shot of the morning
IMG2966-L.jpg

Comments