Options

My last wedding.....

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited December 2, 2011 in Weddings
...for awhile at least. My kids are in high school and need more time to spend with them. Concentrating on portraits now. Weddings were eating up all my free time.

Anyway I was very lucky to have an amazing couple for my last one.
Their full wedding gallery is here if anyone is interested in having a look:http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Other/PalinaWeddingFull/19760840_KKNHqq#1552334718_krt2jgF

950D702995-2-4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2011
    Gorgeous! I love your DOF on this one. And the lights.
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2011
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2011
    :D Really? Interesting catch lights for natural light...
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2011
    Great shot, the "industry" will miss you! It's funny how the younger people always think "oh, being a wedding photographer must be such a glamorous job, I wanna get rich and famous like so-and-so!" ...And then eventually we realize that weddings is NOT the most lucrative industry in photography at ALL, and that if you count out the dollars versus hours, it's so much better to be shooting portraits or commercial work etc.

Just an observation, sorry to side-track! Be sure to pop your head in every now and then!

Take care,
    =Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2011
    There is a big white tent behind me on the left and the sun is behind me on the right, just went down.

Thanks Matt,
    Agree with your comment 100%.
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2011
    Great shot, the "industry" will miss you! It's funny how the younger people always think "oh, being a wedding photographer must be such a glamorous job, I wanna get rich and famous like so-and-so!" ...And then eventually we realize that weddings is NOT the most lucrative industry in photography at ALL, and that if you count out the dollars versus hours, it's so much better to be shooting portraits or commercial work etc.

Just an observation, sorry to side-track! Be sure to pop your head in every now and then!

Take care,
    =Matt=
    I agree, but I doubt anyone is thinking that wedding photography is the most lucrative photography gig... hopefully people aren't that misinformed!! And do pop in from time to time Z
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2011
    mmmatt wrote: »
    I agree, but I doubt anyone is thinking that wedding photography is the most lucrative photography gig... hopefully people aren't that misinformed!! And do pop in from time to time Z
    Well, I live in Orange County. A LOT of mis-informed and entitled people around here. :-P
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    PicMePicMe Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited December 2, 2011
    Love this!
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2011
    Beautiful, crisp photo!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com