Options

People at work

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited December 3, 2011 in People
Not all the pictures are good. There is always a large amount that is not good enough and has to be placed in the garbage.
But sometimes we go to our safe box and find a pearl that we can work on, now that we have grown up in knowledge.
However, other pictures have no remedy. Here is an example. Not even CS6 will save it :rofl
i-hRmgT5h-XL.jpg
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2011
    I know that feeling. This picture is not that bad, it has something . Yes the wide-angle shot has caused distortion but that can be corrected to some extend while loosing the edges.

I might give it a try if that is oke for you.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2011
    D3Sshooter wrote: »
    I know that feeling. This picture is not that bad, it has something . Yes the wide-angle shot has caused distortion but that can be corrected to some extend while loosing the edges.

I might give it a try if that is oke for you.

If you wish to have the trouble, I see no problem.

However, the distortion you may be doing will introduce some strong distortions to the persons...

Let me see what you can get then if you please.

:D
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2011
    I tried to open the picture both in LR and CS but it is not possible. Not sure why.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2011
    Neither do I ... :cry
  • Options
    tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 2, 2011
    Great photo. I love the action.
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2011
    tomnovy wrote: »
    Great photo. I love the action.

Come on Tom... Just a poor image of mines :D
  • Options
    OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2011
    The distortion on the right is a quick fix... I can show you after I reinstall CS4, lol. Using a new computer at the moment.
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2011
    The distortion on the right is a quick fix... I can show you after I reinstall CS4, lol. Using a new computer at the moment.

I hope it is a 27" Mac :D:D:D
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2011
    I hope it is a 27" Mac

No, never... sorry! :nah

It is a Win7 machine I put together 2 days ago :D took advantage of Black Friday sales and bought the components I needed to bring my old PC up to date. For ~$1,050USD in overall value, I have the performance of a high end mac that would cost $3,000 (except at 1920x1200 resolution 24", not 2560x1440 27") I checked. lol. They want $600 for 16GB of RAM alone (4x4) when I just bought 16GB DDR3-1333MHz Kingston HyperX Blue for $30. $600 for 4x4GB ram makes me go headscratch.gif

Anyway!

Here's the comparison before/after for the distortion correction. Basically all you do is make a rectangular selection up to the point of where the distortion of the boy stops, and then pull it in from the right till his head looks correct, then move that selection 1px left and it removes the line created from the transform. Second, since you lose a little bit on the right, I cropped the left to balance out the photo composition again. Franky, it looks a lot better cropped with the cord of the fan pointing into the left corner, so I just did it. Also, the warp tool is useful for oddball distortions and you can experiment with that combined with the square selection transforms.

So, maybe you can do that for those really good images worth taking the time to correct in the future.

revise.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2011
    Thank you for so much work involved :)
    You have done a nice work on the image.
    -
    About the computer: your skills are not mines :cry
    -
    bowdown.gifD
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2011
    hehe... well, I'm glad you like it and I hope it helps for future problems like that