Options

Headlines

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited December 3, 2011 in Street and Documentary
NowPlaying-L.jpg

AllThisAndMore-L.jpg

I mentioned in another post about the Now Beginning Competition Themed "Headlines" being hosted by, Thomas Leuthard.

I encourage all our Dgrins Members to participate. It is a serious Street Competition and I think it
would be a Hoot if one of us walks away with Top Honors. With such a large repository of talent that resides here, I feel that is more then possible.

Above are my two current attempts.

Comments

• Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2011
    Very interesting contest... and good luck!

I like the second one. It is a strong entry with the "headline" and the chaos of the bodies. The motion blur adds to the shot.
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2011
    #2 is good, but #1 can be a metaphor for how much we exclude; my preference
    Rags
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2011
    They're both good, Ben. The expression on the woman in the background is what saves #2 from being a nullity. But I agree with Rags. #1 is far more powerful.
  • Options
    lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2011
    Both are good shots I have always thought about capturing an image in an elevator brave stuff,however I think # 1 is the strongest of the two. I am curious about your height did you raise your arms up in the elevator to get this shot or are you a giant ?
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2011
    I'd prefer #1 as the title "headlines" places those well, above her head. I like the empty space of the wall as well along with the simple planter and nothing else.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2011
    Thanks for the input Folks. Good to hear I'm on the right track.
    Yes #1 would be my pick, but I have time :D

I'm going to shoot square the rest of the month, never done that before.
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2011
    When I saw the title of the thread I was expecting Richard Burton like forehead creases! rolleyes1.gif Well the eye catching lady in #2 has them, but oh well that wont get you into the contest! :D The text will! thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook