Options

Watermark using Photoshop CS4

SyBerGuySyBerGuy Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited December 5, 2011 in Finishing School
Watermark creation in Photoshop CS4

I had at one time been able to create a Watermark using Photoshop, uploaded the JPG file to SmugMug and then successfully shown on my images. However, I also deleted this image and now can't re-create it in Photoshop…. and I have also followed the SmugMug tutorial as well.

I have made two versions;
1) A PNG file by saved to Web and Devices. When I click of Open (within Photoshop) I can see the file. However, I can't see it using View NX2 or Windows Explorer and when I try to upload via SmugMug I also can't see this PNG file?
2) A JPG file, which when saved turns the background to white. I can upload this JPG file to SmugMug. However, when it shows as a Watermark, the white background also shows… ?

Q:#1- So how do I create a PNG and JPG file with my Watermark and the wording being semi-transparent and no background being white?

Any help, would be great,

SyBerBuy

Comments

• Options
    SyBerGuySyBerGuy Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2011
    Hello,

Took me a week and many hours to figure out that I needed to "Save As An Object" my watermark which was created in Photoshop CS4.

SyBerGuy
  • Options
    PeanoPeano Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2011
    SyBerGuy wrote: »
    Q:#1- So how do I create a PNG and JPG file with my Watermark and the wording being semi-transparent and no background being white?

Here's how I do it: Place the watermark on a layer above the image, then save this as a jpeg. (Save the watermark layer alone as a PNG file to apply to other images.)

watermarkir.jpg