Options

Help Posting photos

OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited September 28, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
Hello, I dont post very often here(maybe that will change soon) I am having problem posting photos from my SM site to the forums. I have read, re-read and read again Wxwax's thread on how to post photos. As far as I can tell Im doing it just as he says, and even tried Baldy's method of "Share with Friends Button" Once I post the image to my thread I can see it there, then once I exit and clear my Browser cache(Firefox) then go back to my thread the Photos no longer show up.

Heres what Im doing:

1) Created thread in Sports "Toybowl Football Shots"
2) Opened my web site in seperate Tab
3) Located image(s) I wanted to post
4) Right clicked on image for URL location and copied URL (Also tried Baldys "Share with friends and family button method")
5) Clicked back on SM Tab where my thread was and clicked on the "Insert Image icon (Yellow with a Mountain) then pasted the URL in the open box.
6) Clicked "Submit New Thread" button.

Share with friends and family, external links are enabled and right click protection is disabled. What am I missing, what am I not doing right? I feel like a complete Dumb@zz right now.:dunno

Thanks for any help provided
Brad Fite :D
www.fitephotography.com
Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff

Comments

• Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2005
    Onrey wrote:
    4) Right clicked on image for URL location and copied URL (Also tried Baldys "Share with friends and family button method")
    what's the URL that got copied (and subsequently pasted)?

for http://fitephotography.smugmug.com/gallery/539266/1/36945075 you could perhaps have used http://fitephotography.smugmug.com/photos/36945075-S.jpg (see the choices listed at http://fitephotography.smugmug.com/gallery/share.mg?AlbumID=539266&Page=1&ImageID=36945075)

like this:
    36945075-S.jpg

(Hmmmmm.... I tried the -L (large) image, it didn't want to work. the -S (small) image did though. perhaps that's a clue for someone who knows more than I)
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    double check, make *sure* external links are allowed.

this is valid code (click reply to see the code)

36945075-M.jpg
  • Options
    Stephen, thanks man
    I pasted whatever the URL of the image was
    I tried to post 4 different images, both the Medium and Large, neither ended up working.

Heres another try with the image, its the Medium
    36945070-M.jpg
    www.fitephotography.com
    Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
  • Options
    Ahhh Dangit, Andy, I think you were spot on, I THOUGHT I had enabled Extrenal links earlier today but apparently I or it didnt go thru. I think its working now, thanks so much guys.

Also, sorry for posting in the wrong forum, No matter how I try to post in the correct forum I allways fail miserably, thanks for moving it.
    www.fitephotography.com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    Onrey wrote:
    Ahhh Dangit, Andy, I think you were spot on, I THOUGHT I had enabled Extrenal links earlier today but apparently I or it didnt go thru. I think its working now, thanks so much guys.

Also, sorry for posting in the wrong forum, No matter how I try to post in the correct forum I allways fail miserably, thanks for moving it.

no worries, onrey - glad you've got it sorted out now. cool pic!
  • Options
    Thank you Andy, notice anything about that pic ? Their parents love it and have spent alot of $$ on them. That el-cheapo lense Q-ray 70-300 f/4 amazes me sometimes. It was my first lense that "Wolf Camera" Recomended me, think it was $160 something and has made me alot of $ so far, I can only get excited about the furture purchase of the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 and 1.8 extender.
    www.fitephotography.com