Marina
www.intruecolors.com
Nikon D700 x2/D300
Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2011
    I don't really get what is going on.. is she crying or laughing?

I would probably toss it in favor of another photo.
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2011
    Yeah I'm going with Nay on this. Plus there's an iron or something right next to her head and it looks like a double chin angle, not the most flattering of photos.
  • Options
    Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2011
    I'm with the nay's, it's a good idea, but not quite worked in this case. The major distraction on the right of I'm not sure what just dominates the image too much. Possibly if you had been further forward and just had a bit of the chair and the veil it would have been there.

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2011
    Mark1616 wrote: »
    I'm with the nay's, it's a good idea, but not quite worked in this case. The major distraction on the right of I'm not sure what just dominates the image too much. Possibly if you had been further forward and just had a bit of the chair and the veil it would have been there.

Agreed. This is a classic example of one of those shots where you FEEL amazing right when you click it, or when you first see it on the camera / computer, ...but unfortunately at the end of the day, after you stare at it for a while, you realize that while it will probably be a touching photo to the client, (especially with just a bit of cropping) ...it's just not flawless enough to win an international contest or something. (Laughing.gif)

But, there's nothing wrong with that?! The good news is, you identified the potential moment, framed the shot, and made it happen as best it could. Unless you were just snapping wildly, I would say that this is a step on the path, even a foundation upon which you will build, ...a stunning body of work and a highly defined style, in the long run.

The thing to do now is, simply identify what gives this shot lots of potential and also what takes away from it's impact. That way, next time for example it will be INSTINCT for you to lean in a little closer, nail the focus, etc.

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2011
    Thank you all, i liked the images at first glance, but the more i look at it the more i don't like it. There is something definitely wrong with this lol. Going in the trash can, cause i tried cropping different ways and it just doesn't work. Meh!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8