Options

Riga, Latvia Set. Critique & Feedback Request.

l2oBiNl2oBiN Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
edited December 14, 2011 in Journeys
I would appreciate critique and feedback on a photo set comprising of a three day trip to Latvia's capital, Riga. It was more of a family/touristic trip so I was lucky to squeeze in some shots. I had with me a three lens set, the 90mm 6.8 angulon, the 125 fujinon and the nikon 300mm f9.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markomaticphotography/

Thank you in advance.

Marko

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2011
    You may not be getting the responses you want because you only put up alink to your flikr site.....
    usually it is better to pick a few images and use the Insert Image Icon on the top of the post dialogue
    box and actuall have upto 10 or 12vat the most for people to look at and critique with a link for
    those interested in seeing all of your Riga work.

Images should also be numbered or titled to get best response from viewers.

EDIT: so I went and had a look...over all nice exposures....not as contrasty as i would like, but that is personal taste, could be fixed with most any image editor....my critique over all... subject buildings have too many trees infront of them...personally I would have sought other view points ( I know this can be prob when trying to do this with friends and family that do not understand our photography methodes especially when a large format film camera is involved), railroad bridge too far way for me....not sure of the movements afforded with the Wista Field but too many shots have buildings that are leaning .... 3 brothers needed to be wider i think to show all of the buildings that are the brothers.....

This is all just my very humble opinion ... take it with a very small miniscule grain of sand ....

Lastly...this is the Journeys forum....You should post image and tell about it and then move on to next and so on all in one post...like a travel guide...again IMVHO...
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited December 13, 2011
    Marko, Art is correct. The purpose of this forum is to post the pics (more than one) here in Journeys and not link them elsewhere and then also comment on your photos to engage the viewers. We want a story in words and pictures. Please take some time to read the sticky that is at the top of the forum. We'd really like to see your pictures and what they mean to you, but we want to see them here at DGrin.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,813 moderator
    edited December 14, 2011
    I would like to echo the sentiment to encourage you to post some of your images with your explanation and description of the trip.

It's nice to see a large format (4x5) shooter in here. I too have the Schneider - Kreuznach Angulon 90mm, f6.8, Copal 0. It's a very good lens, especially stopped down a bit.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    l2oBiNl2oBiN Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2011
    So here goes =P.

In April 2011, I had a chance to "jump" over the baltic sea and spend three days in Riga. Being more of a touristic trip, I managed to persuade my company to allow me to tag along my 4x5. Flying Ryan Air meant a strict baggage weight limit, thus the there lightest lenses in my arsenal got packed in my bag along with a wooden wista 4x5, a box of Fomapan, loupe and light meter. The tripod got packed in the check in. It was certainly a great, fulfilling three days. The centre of Riga was quite nice, however as soon as you step out (15min walk) out from the centre it was a different story (the image titled "View towards the railway bridge crossing the Daugava River, Riga, Latvia." sums it up). Quite a "weird" feeling of being somewhere quite interesting yet somewhat eerie.

The following are a few of the images from the 10 that I have managed to get on the trip. The full set of 10 is available in bigger sizes on my flicker site.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/markomaticphotography/

Freedom Monument, Riga, Latvia.
    6506366793_8bfe226d9c.jpg

View towards St Peter's Church, Riga, Latvia.
    6506366011_7fccfbcb7e.jpg

View towards Riga across the Daugava River, Latvia.
    6506362545_a819dc896b_z.jpg