Options

300D Firsts

ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
edited September 29, 2005 in Holy Macro
Here are a couple I nabbed first day. It was gloomy and windy, useing kit lens and did change A to f5.6. PP was just to lighten up a bit. After taking the pictures did check to make sure the in camera sharpining etc. etc. was on 0.
Pretty pleased with the results since don't really have a clue what I'm doing yet.:):37853734-M.jpg

The blobs of rain almost look too sharp??

37853893-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2005
    Hi Thusie
    Thusie wrote:
    Here are a couple I nabbed first day. It was gloomy and windy, useing kit lens and did change A to f5.6. PP was just to lighten up a bit. After taking the pictures did check to make sure the in camera sharpining etc. etc. was on 0.
    Pretty pleased with the results since don't really have a clue what I'm doing yet.:):

The blobs of rain almost look too sharp??
    Don't ya just love those Grasshoppers rolleyes1.gif the faces on those things just amaze me no end.

Shooting Macro in the wind will always cause you problems, but as you said this was your first day, so you will be very happy as you get more used to your camera gear.

Get out there and shoot your hearts content :D Macro is not easy to do but persistance has it's rewards....... good work, keep it up..... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Skippy wrote:
    Don't ya just love those Grasshoppers rolleyes1.gif the faces on those things just amaze me no end.

Hi Skippy! Yea and they stay put too:D Thought it was real cool that the blue/ green variegation of the pine showed up. Got a fairly good shot of the Dragons Eye pine needles today. Macro could get a bit addictive with all the plants and conifers we have around here now, meaning, butterflys, bugs etc. etc. Sum fun
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    Nice!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2005
    Good shots. Looks like you'll do well with that 300D. And yes, Macro can become a very strong addiction. Also keep an eye out for other things that might shoot well in macro like rust, rocks, tree bark, etc. There's more to macro than the living, and they stay put longer also:D.

Check out this link to Brian's (Lord Vetinari) Macro tips -- http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=17138

Nice shooting and looking forward to seeing more,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    Thanks so much for the kind words folks and the link below..Just saw his hairy eyebrow shot! WOW!!!!

Check out this link to Brian's (Lord Vetinari) Macro tips -- http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=17138
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    wtg, nonda :D