Options

My fire shots - Seems Nik and I were close.

thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited October 1, 2005 in Landscapes
38017973-M.jpg

38017976-M.jpg

38017980-M.jpg

38017969-M.jpg

Enjoy!
Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2005
    Very cool.

Love the airplane.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited September 29, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    Love the airplane.
    I got lucky there David.

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2005
    Todd,
    Very kool shots!thumb.gif
    What place and what time was it? Simi?
    I didn't see a single plane at Lang Ranch, where I took my shots around 8:30 am...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    Nikolai wrote:
    Very kool shots!thumb.gif
    What place and what time was it? Simi?
    I didn't see a single plane at Lang Ranch, where I took my shots around 8:30 am...
    Nik - I was at Lang Ranch between 8:45 and 11:30. The fixed wing planes didn't show up until 10ish.

Disraeli Photography

• Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    whew - wild sights. thumb.gif
  • Options
    I guess we were same place same time then..:-)
    thdizzy wrote:
    Nik - I was at Lang Ranch between 8:45 and 11:30. The fixed wing planes didn't show up until 10ish.
    I saw a few guys with cameras. What were you shooting with? Gray drebel by any chance? I was walking out of the fire road and saw a person with one..

I was wearing black jeans, dark green short sleeve shirt, sunglasses, was carrying black Lowepro backpack and had 20D with Tamron 70-300 in my hands..
  • Options
    Nikolai wrote:
    What were you shooting with?
    D70 and kept switiching between by Nikon 70-300 and new Tokina 12-24. With the ashes falling I sure wish I had 2 bodies.

Disraeli Photography

• Options
    Two bodies
    thdizzy wrote:
    D70 and kept switiching between by Nikon 70-300 and new Tokina 12-24. With the ashes falling I sure wish I had 2 bodies.
    I hear ya.. As a new dslr user lens swapping is a bit of a pain.

I laso found so far that 70-300 is a bit too much on a tele side for my 20D with it's 1.6 FOV crop, since it becomes essentially 110-420. I had to switch between that and 18-55. I can't wait till I save enough to get 28-200, whcih would become smth like 45-320, which would be REALLY useful!

Which shots did you take with Tokina? It looks pretty wide, and most of you shots seem to be on a tele side..
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    Which shots did you take with Tokina? It looks pretty wide, and most of you shots seem to be on a tele side..
    Hey Nik - You're right, all of these shots were taken with my kit lens and my 70-300. I used the Tokina on that other post of mine that shows the VCFD bull dozer and rig.

I quickly learned that my new 12-24 will best be used next week in the Sierra for fall colors.

Disraeli Photography