Publish to Facebook - Beta 2. Now with Pages!

Comments

• scotticusscotticus Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    lampie, will you try logging in (log out and then in if you're already logged in) and see if it works.
    https://secure.smugmug.com/login.mg

It seems to work well for me on your site, so I wonder if you're cookies are old or something...
    lampie wrote: »
    Just try any gallery. I does not work with any of my galleries
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2011
    so..I am trying this thing out right now. It's been around 5 minutes thus far.. no new gallery is found.. new new photos anywhere :) waiting for the email.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
    edited December 2, 2011
    got an email:
    We just published the photos you selected from 'MDR at Tilted Kilt' to Facebook.

You can view the photos for '' here:

We published 0 out of 34 photos in 10.05 seconds (1 photo per every 0 seconds). That's a 0% completion rate.

still no pictures, as email states. exploring.

part in orange is a bit strange to me, though.

EDIT:

6 minutes later got another email citing 10.03 seconds. still same message otherwise.

EDIT:

Just got an email, with successful message, and sure as hell pictures are there! Me happy! Me like! AND LOGOS ARE THERE!! :D made my day!
    My Site
    My Facebook
    edited December 2, 2011
    It looks like FaceBook went down for a little while there right after you submitted. The system kept trying to publish though, and it looks like it got them all pushed through once they came back online. I'll see about getting it fixed so that you don't get an email until it's done, or perhaps I can have it send you an update, and then another when it's finished....

Foques wrote: »
    got an email:

still no pictures, as email states. exploring.

part in orange is a bit strange to me, though.

EDIT:

6 minutes later got another email citing 10.03 seconds. still same message otherwise.

EDIT:

Just got an email, with successful message, and sure as hell pictures are there! Me happy! Me like! AND LOGOS ARE THERE!! :D made my day!
    edited December 4, 2011
    hey, hey!! Facebook going down and I had nothing in common :D

lol

On a serious note, i'm torn.. Can't decide if the emails of "progress" are useful or not. On one hand, if I get those, i know that script is working and i'm one of those people who likes to be up to date.. on the other hand, if facebook's service goes down, i'd rather not be getting a bazilion of messages..
    maybe, send out a notification every 20 minutes once upload is scheduled?
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited December 15, 2011
    ok I am a very illiterate computer person. All I know is that I had a feature that I have been using most of the year that allowed me to post not only to my fb personal wall, but any of my two business fan pages too. This changed sometime yesterday. Since then I can only post on my personal page. I get this prompt shown in the image. The link does not work. Nothing happens no matter how many times I click it and no matter how long I wait. I just want it to give me my fan pages listed again so I can post images on my buisness pages again. Please help. Not sure if this has to do with all the recent changes or this beta thing your talking about.

i-h7xFVWW-XL.jpg
    edited December 15, 2011
    JAG, we're currently working to fix some problems caused by a recent Facebook software update. I'll post back here when they're resolved.
  • J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2011
    Getting an error when trying to publish to FB. Tried in three different browsers...cleared my cache....it just keeps telling me my session has expired...anyone else having this issue:

i-ZVCT3Cv-O.png
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2011
    Hi Joe,
    Did you try clearing your cookies as well?
    If that doesn't do the trick, you might have to remove the SmugMug app from Facebook and add it again. You should be able to do so here:
    http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=applications
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • kindakaakindakaa Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    When I publish - names of several Smugmug galleries in the Cyrillic are cut or incorrect codepage.
  • J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    Hi Joe,
    Did you try clearing your cookies as well?
    If that doesn't do the trick, you might have to remove the SmugMug app from Facebook and add it again. You should be able to do so here:

I got it working..cleared cache, cookies and flushed dns.... Thanks thumb.gif
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    kindakaa wrote: »
    When I publish - names of several Smugmug galleries in the Cyrillic are cut or incorrect codepage.

Could I get links to some of the galleries? We'll take a look.
  • Art MindsArt Minds Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 6, 2012
    Facebook image is darker than SmugMug
    Two problems noted with uploading to Facebook page

1. Images on Facebook are much darker than those displayed on SmugMug, as if the color profile has been changed or omitted. I uploaded images that had full size images in SmugVault, as well as those that don't.

2. Also seeing a resizing effect in the SmugMug gallery after uploading an images. Uploaded an image from an "event" gallery that is unlisted. I had previously turned on the beta feature for the new SmugMug default layout, then turned on the "Publish to Facebook" feature, then turned off the SmugMug default layout feature (in that order). After publishing one image from this gallery to a Facebook page, with the Image size set to "Large" in the gallery settings, horizontal photos continue to display at the same size, but vertical photos are now displaying super-large, with the width set to the same width that a horizontal photo was set, making the vertical height proportionally very large. Did not see this affect in any other unlisted event gallery, nor did I see this in a public gallery where I uploaded vertical images. But the public gallery had no horizontal images.
  • mattdan12mattdan12 Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2012
    Why has my "Publish to Facebook" option disappeared? I've used this feature to publish to my Facebook Photography page but now it's gone. I thought maybe it was something to do with my new galleries that I've created today, but the feature is gone from previous galleries which I've already published to my Facebook page.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    edited February 8, 2012
    mattdan12 wrote: »
    Why has my "Publish to Facebook" option disappeared? I've used this feature to publish to my Facebook Photography page but now it's gone. I thought maybe it was something to do with my new galleries that I've created today, but the feature is gone from previous galleries which I've already published to my Facebook page.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Check that you have signed up for the beta under /darkroom. The beta signup system is cookie based so you'll have to do this on each browser you use.
  • jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    Having trouble with Publish to Facebook today. Tried on Chrome on both my mac and my PC. I double checked smugmug.com/darkroom and our url/darkroom to make sure the cookie was still there (it is) but when I select "Publish to Facebook" under the "Share" menu it says "Your session has expired. Please login again." When I login again, it just keeps doing the same thing over and over. ne_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gif
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    edited February 19, 2012
    Having trouble with Publish to Facebook today. Tried on Chrome on both my mac and my PC. I double checked smugmug.com/darkroom and our url/darkroom to make sure the cookie was still there (it is) but when I select "Publish to Facebook" under the "Share" menu it says "Your session has expired. Please login again." When I login again, it just keeps doing the same thing over and over. ne_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gif

BTW, clearing cookies and then re-enabling darkroom features doesn't work either.headscratch.gif

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    BTW, clearing cookies and then re-enabling darkroom features doesn't work either.headscratch.gif

Try removing the SmugMug from your Facebook apps:

and then try again.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited February 20, 2012
    Try removing the SmugMug from your Facebook apps:

and then try again.

I was able to get it to work using IE on the PC. So it is not an issue w/facebook...

• tandrewstandrews Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    Doesn't work for me either
    It has disappeared for me too. I've removed SmugMug from facebook, cleared cookies, cleared cache, left and rejoined the feature in smugmug.com/darkroom... someone help me. I love this feature and use it all the time.headscratch.gif
  • tandrewstandrews Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    Got it figured out now!!! I had to rejoin using my custom domain... www.tandrewsphoto.com/darkroom

Hope this helps others too!!
  • RobertkRobertk Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2012
    Im not seeing the option to publish the gallery after I hit share. Any advice?
    edited February 29, 2012
    Robertk wrote: »
    Im not seeing the option to publish the gallery after I hit share. Any advice?

You can find the feature under "Owner share", not Facebook "Share" button. Remember that you have to opt-in for the feature.
  • RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2012
    I got this working with no pain at all. Using Opera on Linux as my web browser. I really enjoy this functionality and I expect to use it a lot. Most of my "fans" are on Facebook, so it is a major win.

I skimmed through the thread and didn't see anyone mention this. Can there be an option for placing the link to the picture below the picture rather than on top of it?
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • KentFrostKentFrost Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2012
    I believe I've discovered a bug with this plugin, as I have searched every page of this thread and the previous thread that is locked and have found no mention of this issue I'm having.

I do party and event photography, and the people attending love tagging photos of their friends when all the images are posted. Over the past couple of months, I've been receiving complaints from fans that the tagging ability is gone. I have looked at all the settings Facebook has to offer for tagging, and everything is set properly to allow people to do it. Yet, no dice. No one but the administrators of the page have the ability. I was a little skeptical about it being SmugMug since it would seem to me that it would be a Facebook issue. I just tested this theory, however, by publishing a photo from one of my SmugMug albums to an already-existing album on Facebook that I uploaded manually, not via SmugMug. All the photos already in the album were taggable, but the newly published photo from SmugMug in that album was not.

Is this a known issue? If so, is there a fix? I don't want to give up the "Buy This Photo" link on each image, but the ability to tag photos has drawn an incredible number of eyes to my page, and I think I'm less willing to give that up. People have been resorting to tagging people in the comments, but it doesn't seem to be cutting it. I've considered just going back to uploading the photos myself and creating a graphic that I can place at the beginning of the album that points to the SmugMug album link. I would rather not do this, as it is not nearly as effective.
    "Your brain; the most complicated thing in the world, which you yourself grew, without even thinking about it." ~Alan Watts

www.kentfrostphoto.com
    edited March 19, 2012
    KentFrost, I think this is for a page correct? If so, can you go into the settings for that page, and then check under 'Manage Permissions' and make sure that the box is checked for 'People can add tags to photos by ...'

The screen looks like this:
    https://img.skitch.com/20120319-gj1j1wdmf8tebm7t68w7t5g29e.jpg
    edited March 19, 2012
    scotticus wrote: »
    KentFrost, I think this is for a page correct? If so, can you go into the settings for that page, and then check under 'Manage Permissions' and make sure that the box is checked for 'People can add tags to photos by ...'

The screen looks like this:
    https://img.skitch.com/20120319-gj1j1wdmf8tebm7t68w7t5g29e.jpg

I appreciate your comment, but as I said, all settings in Facebook for tagging photos on my page are set to allow them.

THIS IS NOT A FACEBOOK ISSUE.

It is a SmugMug issue, and one that I DESPERATELY need fixed.
    Please read my comment again and you will see that I said I tested this out and only the images being imported from SmugMug are untaggable. All images manually uploaded to Facebook are fine, but then I lose my "Buy This Print" link that SmugMug provides. And when I upload 200 images to a gallery, it is impractical to edit each image and add the link manually.

Again, I will clarify:

All images imported to Facebook via SmugMug are NOT taggable by anyone but the page admins, no matter that setting you pointed out. I need them to be taggable by anyone.
    "Your brain; the most complicated thing in the world, which you yourself grew, without even thinking about it." ~Alan Watts

www.kentfrostphoto.com
    edited March 19, 2012
    Is there anyone who can help me with this? It's pretty ridiculous to me that no one has noticed this yet.

Is there a way I can just contact SmugMug directly? I know I just posted this yesterday, but that's when I need this fixed. This isn't happening fast enough.

www.kentfrostphoto.com
    edited March 19, 2012
    KentFrost wrote: »
    Is there anyone who can help me with this? It's pretty ridiculous to me that no one has noticed this yet.

Is there a way I can just contact SmugMug directly? I know I just posted this yesterday, but that's when I need this fixed. This isn't happening fast enough.

Hi Kent

Scott and I are from Smugmug. He asked for info that would help us determine what we might have to do differently to make this work for you. I just tested this with my own page ( http://www.facebook.com/Miikka.Skaffari.Photography ) and verified the same functionality as you described. When I publish pictures to my profile the tagging is available. We are investigating more.
    edited March 19, 2012
    MSkaffari wrote: »
    Hi Kent

Scott and I are from Smugmug. He asked for info that would help us determine what we might have to do differently to make this work for you. I just tested this with my own page ( http://www.facebook.com/Miikka.Skaffari.Photography ) and verified the same functionality as you described. When I publish pictures to my profile the tagging is available. We are investigating more.

Awesome! Sorry to be such a pain, but I've had literally hundreds of people in the past few days contacting me about this (just recently shot and posted a huge event, which is why this became apparent to me). I guess I never realized how valuable the tagging function really was until this happened.

Thanks again for the prompt response!

www.kentfrostphoto.com