Options

Boulevard

JoopJoop Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited December 27, 2011 in Street and Documentary
G'day to all,

My little town, Katwijk / Holland. Left the North-sea !

Gr Joop (JPC)

img5569dutchboulevardka.jpg

The white St. Andrew church (anno1640)
Right on the Boulevard

img4389wittekerkjew.jpg

Comments

• Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2011
    Joop, It's a pretty town and a technically competent picture, but it's not street photography and it's not photojournalism. For this kind of shooting you might want to check out Luminous Landscape at http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=71c195bedb205610f760e6813651d4a4;www;act=idx where there's no limitation on photographic genres.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited December 26, 2011
    Hi Joop and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. Nice sky, but I'd be interested to see more of your town. thumb.gif
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2011
    RSL wrote: »
    Joop, It's a pretty town and a technically competent picture, but it's not street photography and it's not photojournalism. For this kind of shooting you might want to check out Luminous Landscape at http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=71c195bedb205610f760e6813651d4a4;www;act=idx where there's no limitation on photographic genres.
    He doesn't have to leave Dgrin for that! Come on, there are other forum sections here than Street and PJ, Russ! This would be fine in Landscape or Other Cool Shots, But let's leave it to a Mod if it should actually be move! :Dthumb.gif

Mean while, nice image, Joop!

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Hi Joop and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. Nice sky, but I'd be interested to see more of your town. thumb.gif

Thank you !
    More photo,s are coming !
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2011
    RSL wrote: »

Thanks for your comment !
    I understand. Sorry
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2011
    Welcome to DGrin!

I will be interested to see more of your shots from the Netherlands, especially those that show the people and differences from what I encounter in the USA.
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2011
    Joop wrote: »
    My little town, Katwijk / Holland. Left the North-sea !
    This town looks as though it might be very photogenic, but all you showed us was a car park! :D
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2011
    Welcome!

What I find most interesting is how that image almost appears 3D with the clouds and perspective.... (well, at least on my monitor) thumb.gif

• Options
    edited December 26, 2011
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    He doesn't have to leave Dgrin for that! Come on, there are other forum sections here than Street and PJ, Russ! This would be fine in Landscape or Other Cool Shots, But let's leave it to a Mod if it should actually be move! :Dthumb.gif

Mean while, nice image, Joop!

Don
    rainbow wrote: »
    Welcome to DGrin!

I will be interested to see more of your shots from the Netherlands, especially those that show the people and differences from what I encounter in the USA.

Thanks, see Landscape (later)
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2011
    rainbow wrote: »
    Welcome to DGrin!

Thanks, see olandscape
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2011
    This town looks as though it might be very photogenic, but all you showed us was a car park! :D

Sorry, See landscape !
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2011
    M38A1 wrote: »
    Welcome!

What I find most interesting is how that image almost appears 3D with the clouds and perspective.... (well, at least on my monitor) thumb.gif

Thanks,
    Maybe the 28mm lens Makinon ?
  • Options
    lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2011
    Is that an old lighthouse in the back ground ? I met some folks from Holland this summer sounds like a very interesting place , it would be nice to see some more images.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited December 27, 2011
    This is the St Andrew's Church, in the year 1640.
    I don't see the pic. headscratch.gifHow To Post on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2011
    G'day Richard,

With Image Shack.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2011
    lensmole wrote: »
    Is that an old lighthouse in the back ground ? I met some folks from Holland this summer sounds like a very interesting place , it would be nice to see some more images.

This is the St. Andrew Church in the year 1640
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    This is the St. Andrew Church in the year 1640
    Still not seeing this second image!

headscratch.gifdunno

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook