Options

Sushi Ninja

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited January 1, 2012 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2011
    Interesting shot, Ben. Looks as if the guy isn't happy with you.
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2011
    RSL wrote: »

Well Russ, have you ever seen a Happy NINJA ! lol3.gif

Happy New Year to You & Yours wings.gif
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2011
    Well, to tell the truth, Ben, I've never seen a ninja. But from what I've read a ninja is too well trained to display any emotion at all. Anyhow, I like the picture. Wouldn't be nearly as interesting in focus. Haven't quite decided whether you shot it through frosted glass, or cut it as a tiny crop from a much larger image, or did some pretty extensive post-processing.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited December 30, 2011
    While I'm aware that unfocused photos have become fashionable in some circles, it's something that I just don't grasp. Call me old fashioned. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2011
    Well, to tell the truth, Ben, I've never seen a ninja. But from what I've read a ninja is too well trained to display any emotion at all. Anyhow, I like the picture. Wouldn't be nearly as interesting in focus. Haven't quite decided whether you shot it through frosted glass, or cut it as a tiny crop from a much larger image, or did some pretty extensive post-processing.

Oh dear Oh dear none of the above!!

Shoot on TX400 purposefully OOF with Canon QL17.
    Full Frame no crop

And of course you haven't, that's why there NINJA's rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    While I'm aware that unfocused photos have become fashionable in some circles, it's something that I just don't grasp. Call me old fashioned. ne_nau.gif

Yeah Richard been there done that and every so often do it again :D

Remember I had a post up here a bit ago just like this, don't know why some of these grab me as this one does.

I will tell you this, that after several submittals to the HCSP pool, this is the only one accepted.
    Go figure.
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2011
    The OOF condition gives it an immediacy it wouldn't have in focus. Looks as if you shot and ran. I can understand why this one got accepted.

But I'm with Richard regarding the stuff I see in B&W and color where people shoot stationary objects out of focus, I guess to make a fashion statement. In the color section of B&W and Color I think the editors pick way too many OOF color shots, just for the color. They don't seem to understand that their mag isn't a Jackson Pollock show; it's photography.
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2012
    The OOF condition gives it an immediacy it wouldn't have in focus. Looks as if you shot and ran. I can understand why this one got accepted.

No again.

I just shot a couple both in and OOF, then sat down and cont. my very nice, Sushi Buffet with Pineapple (it's an inside joke :D)