Options

Jon - Sr 2012

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited January 4, 2012 in People
I shot this frame filler of Jon last week. I liked the bokeh created by the leaves on the brick pavers and shallow depth of field. He was super camera shy, and so most of the shoot was done with a 70-200 to give him some space. This shot was taken at 51mm with the Canon 17-55F2.8 IS lens. One eye is a tad soft, but I chose to hang onto it.

0065-copy-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    Great photo Jeff clap.gif

Take Care,
    Chuck Cassidy,
    www.aperturefocus.smugmug.com
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    Indeed a very strong pictureclap.gif
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    Really nice, Jeff. Perfect skintones and lovely bokeh in a "trademark" Jeffreaux shot. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2012
    divamum wrote: »
    Really nice, Jeff. Perfect skintones and lovely bokeh in a "trademark" Jeffreaux shot. thumb.gif

Thanks....but...."trademark"? headscratch.gif

How's that?
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    Really love this shot! He looks comfortable and his expression is confident. I say you did a great job. ( like always)
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2012
    Really love this shot! He looks comfortable and his expression is confident. I say you did a great job. ( like always)

Heh heh....he wasn't comfortable...but...was a trooper! I like that the BG mimics his eye color.

I shot dgrin's "SeniorMatt" yesterday afternoon for his senior portfolio. It was a helluvaday.....Laughing.gif.
    His mother may never speak to me again. I dragged them out to an abandoned Mississippi river pier/warehouse near the end of a shoot. Ive seen other photogs there before, and well to cut a long story short we got a surprise. A second photographer on the pier was shooting some "Nik-tography" if you know what I mean. I still can't believe it. Sheesh it was FREEZING out there on the water!eek7.gif

..and then there were the super heros and all......well....maybe Ill post up some of those!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    jeffreaux2 wrote: »
    Heh heh....he wasn't comfortable...but...was a trooper! I like that the BG mimics his eye color.

I shot dgrin's "SeniorMatt" yesterday afternoon for his senior portfolio. It was a helluvaday.....Laughing.gif.
    His mother may never speak to me again. I dragged them out to an abandoned Mississippi river pier/warehouse near the end of a shoot. Ive seen other photogs there before, and well to cut a long story short we got a surprise. A second photographer on the pier was shooting some "Nik-tography" if you know what I mean. I still can't believe it. Sheesh it was FREEZING out there on the water!eek7.gif

..and then there were the super heros and all......well....maybe Ill post up some of those!rolleyes1.gif

Haha! Wow, that sounds like an adventure! You know what they say... Without piccies it never happened. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    jeffreaux2 wrote: »
    Thanks....but...."trademark"? headscratch.gif

How's that?

Course it's your trademark! Wouldn't be a set of yours without one. Perfect skin tones, a certain type of colour and, of course, amazing eyes in a face that's fillin' the frame.... thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2012
    Haha! You know what they say... Without piccies it never happened. rolleyes1.gif

Boy, I sure wish THAT were true.eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2012
    divamum wrote: »
    Course it's your trademark! Wouldn't be a set of yours without one. Perfect skin tones, a certain type of colour and, of course, amazing eyes in a face that's fillin' the frame.... thumb.gif

Hmmmm, On one hand that makes me want to change things up....but....on the other this type of shot looks sooo darn good on a wallet sized print.....ne_nau.gif

The subjects usually can't stand them.....but the folks who care about them love them.mwink.gif

For portrait shoots I look at these kind of frame fillers like the "kiss" shot for wedding photography.
    Gotta get at least one.thumb.gif