Options

Older Flower and Two Sibling Buds

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited October 1, 2005 in Holy Macro
Another flower garden shot. I liked the framing of the two buds and the angle of the light. Please rate, it's anonymous. If you rate below a 3, please comment what you would change and why. Thanks. Click pic for exif.

37516200-L.jpg

Rate it. 4 votes

:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb
0% 0 votes
:thumb:thumb:thumb
50% 2 votes
:thumb:thumb
50% 2 votes
:thumb
0% 0 votes
:puke
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Options
    TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2005
    IMHO, not bad, but the central composition leaves it lacking. Color, lighting, etc are good, but the composition keeps it from being a winner. Maybe use a single bud to complement it?
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2005
    Hi Khaos, I like it but it could use a little pop in PS or PSP. Dont know if you have them but you can enhance the contrast and slight sharpen, and it would be stunning. I might have gotten a little more angle so the two buds were in their corners. I like the light on the buds too.

In PSP there is an effect called Clarify. It has greatly improved my images. A one click deal that enhances areas in the photo that lose their pop or need more contrast. I love psp9 and dont even use PS anymore. It has backlight, noise removal, and like 10 quick tools for turning a good picture into a great one without ruining it. Oh almost forgot, it has a brush tool for sharpening so you can just choose to sharpen like the slightly blurred area of a photo and leave the rest of the background intact. So fast!
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2005
    Netgarden wrote:
    Hi Khaos, I like it but it could use a little pop in PS or PSP. Dont know if you have them but you can enhance the contrast and slight sharpen, and it would be stunning. I might have gotten a little more angle so the two buds were in their corners. I like the light on the buds too.

In PSP there is an effect called Clarify. It has greatly improved my images. A one click deal that enhances areas in the photo that lose their pop or need more contrast. I love psp9 and dont even use PS anymore. It has backlight, noise removal, and like 10 quick tools for turning a good picture into a great one without ruining it. Oh almost forgot, it has a brush tool for sharpening so you can just choose to sharpen like the slightly blurred area of a photo and leave the rest of the background intact. So fast!
    Thanks for the comments.

This is another shot, adjusted with shadows in RAW and then curves.

38169772-L.jpg