Options

Fire in the sky

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited October 1, 2005 in Holy Macro
Very bad fires going on in the hills north of L. A., I'm sure you've all seen/heard. The smoke makes from interesting sunsets. This is over Marina Del Rey the clouds of smoke can be seen for miles :wow :cry

38044669-L.jpg

38045133-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2005
    Wow, amazing shots Ben. Do you see any of them at night? I'm in OC so we have seen our share, one year the Laguna Bch fire and two others were all around Irvine and it sure was an eerie sight. I sure admire those fire fighters and all the hard and dangerous work they do for us urbanites.iloveyou.gif Hope all is safe.
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2005
    the last shot is my pick thumb.gif here is what the day looks like :cry:cry
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited September 30, 2005
    Netgarden wrote:
    Wow, amazing shots Ben. Do you see any of them at night? I'm in OC so we have seen our share, one year the Laguna Bch fire and two others were all around Irvine and it sure was an eerie sight. I sure admire those fire fighters and all the hard and dangerous work they do for us urbanites.iloveyou.gif Hope all is safe.

Hi Linda Glad you like
    Yeah nothing but good to say about LAFD !! thumb.gif
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    Hi Ben,
    Those are some wonderful shots. Glad you can get a positive take on something that could be so horrible.

Granted, I think the fires are a good thing for the hillsides, but not for the people living on those hillsides (or below them when the rain comes). I remember a hike I did in the Santa Ana mountains. I was going down hill and it took 2 hours to go 1/4 mile because the brush was so dense. I was literally throwing myself on top of the brush to try and break through. After that, I stayed on trails. The growth was unnatural.

Nice shots,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    jwear wrote:
    the last shot is my pick thumb.gif here is what the day looks like :cry:cry

Yeah not a good for the hills, homes etc. :cry
    Hey there's a bird in your smoke :D
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2005
    Hi Ben,
    Those are some wonderful shots. Glad you can get a positive take on something that could be so horrible.

Granted, I think the fires are a good thing for the hillsides, but not for the people living on those hillsides (or below them when the rain comes). I remember a hike I did in the Santa Ana mountains. I was going down hill and it took 2 hours to go 1/4 mile because the brush was so dense. I was literally throwing myself on top of the brush to try and break through. After that, I stayed on trails. The growth was unnatural.

Nice shots,
    Chris

thanks Chris glad you like the shots.
    Always look for some good, have too thumb.gif
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2005
    That chopper ben clap.gif !!!!