Options

I'm new and I'm a bit lost

AlisonAlison Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited October 1, 2005 in SmugMug Support
:dunno

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Smugmug and I'm a little bit lost with sub-categories :rolleyes

I have a Gallery called Odds and Sods and was hoping to break the images up into different 'albums'......is this possible ? I did try adding a sub-category to my Wildlife Gallery but I can't find it :uhoh:roflI expect it is really simple to sort out......but......:dunno

Thanks, Alison
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Alison's Photography

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2005
    G'day & welcome to D/grin/SmugMug Alison.

1/ Open your current Smug Mug page
    2/ Hit "create new gallery" at the top & do so
    3/ Then open your gallery that you want to split up
    4/ Under the main photo (big one) that opens..choose 'photo tools' from the drop down menu below it.
    5/ From that drop down menu choose "Move photos"
    6/ Click on the ones you wish to move (they will highlight in a red border)
    7/ Once you have them highlighted look up the top & you will see a header 'Choose an existing gallery'
    8/ Click on that new gallery you just created & finally hit the 'move' button on the top right.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,933 moderator
    Alison wrote:
    ne_nau.gif

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Smugmug and I'm a little bit lost with sub-categories rolleyes1.gif

I have a Gallery called Odds and Sods and was hoping to break the images up into different 'albums'......is this possible ? I did try adding a sub-category to my Wildlife Gallery but I can't find it :uhohrolleyes1.gifI expect it is really simple to sort out......but......ne_nau.gif

Thanks, Alison
    Hi Alison,

Welcome to Dgrin. :D Galleries cannot be sub-divided. You can get a similar result by creating sub-categories within a category. So you could create a category called Odds and Sods and then as many sub-categories below that as you like. You could then put each gallery into the category and sub-category of your choice. There are only two levels--no sub-sub-categories, so you probably ought to think carefully about how you want to organize your pics.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
  • Options
    Hi Humungus and Richard,

I have no idea what I just did, but I deleted an entire category and had to upload them again headscratch.gif :cry

I might have another try at it tomorrow :D

Thanks, Alison
    "The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Alison's Photography
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    Hi Alison wave.gif welcome and good luck with those catagories...thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi Alison wave.gif welcome and good luck with those catagories...thumb.gif
    Thanks Lynn wave.gif and guess what....I did it, I did it clap.gifthumb

I took a look around your galleries, some mighty fine images there, keep up the great work :photothumb.gif

Alison's Photography