Options

Fall Creek Falls State Park

argyleargyle Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited January 9, 2012 in Landscapes
Shot these at Fall Creek Falls SP located in Pikeville, TN while on a very long road trip. Didn't have much time to explore since I was on a tight schedule, but this park looks like it has a lot to offer. If anyone's ever in the area, it'd be worth stopping in:

FCF33433344webframe-XL.jpg

FCF3326webframe-XL.jpg
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer

Comments

• Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    I like #1 the best--nice, soft water and nice details. Looks like a park with loads of shots waiting to be taken! What part of TN is it in?
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2012
    Located off I-81, between Nashville and Knoxville...lot more information if you google it. The shots above are the Cane Creek Cascades, located just upstream of the Cane Creek Falls.
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    Thanks. I'm hoping to visit TN this spring so I'm making a list of places to go.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    stirinthesaucestirinthesauce Registered Users Posts: 293 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    Lots of beautiful places, one after another, in this part of the state atop the Cumberland Plateau. Fall Creek Falls is one of the beautiful "Gulfs" in the region. This part of the state is often overlooked from people outside of the state looking for adventure due to the close proximity of the Smokies which tend to draw travelers there instead of here. Fine by me, makes for less crowded parks :D

Really like #2 by the way.

-jon
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2012
    Lots of beautiful places, one after another, in this part of the state atop the Cumberland Plateau. Fall Creek Falls is one of the beautiful "Gulfs" in the region. This part of the state is often overlooked from people outside of the state looking for adventure due to the close proximity of the Smokies which tend to draw travelers there instead of here. Fine by me, makes for less crowded parks :D

Really like #2 by the way.

-jon

I hear ya...my Suburban was the only vehicle in the area...had the place to myself. Unfortunately, the good light that you see in #2 above didn't last very long...went into shadow shortly thereafter...made for good time to get back in the truck and head on down the road. But you're right...lots of nice, off-the-beaten-path areas throughout the state. I'll definitely have to go back at some point.
  • Options
    Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Nice work, really like your second image.