Options

Outer Banks Workshop - June 3-10

bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited January 9, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Three days of intensive exercises, followed by two days shooting a mini-documentary project. And six full days of photo talk, sharing, learning, and comaraderie. All this is a spacious, comfortable, modern, air conditioned, well-equipped house less than three blocks walk to the Atlantic Ocean endless beach, with no streets to cross. There are three "master suites" available - spouses, significant others are welcome, in addition to a twin-bedded room and a bunkbed room.

I am looking to lock this up asap as I will have to commit soon on the house.

Contact me directly at bd@bdcolenphoto.com for details.

Here's what one student wrote about last year's workshop on Martha's Vineyard:

The Documentary Photo Workshop with B.D. in Martha’s Vineyard this year exceeded my expectations (and they were high!). .. B.D. had written up a ‘syllabus’ of challenging assignments for each day that not only tap your mental and emotional energy but challenge you photographically.
His guidelines and suggestions forced each of us to take on street photography with a new boldness that I never could have manufactured on my own, to the point that a fellow attendee and I ended up stumbling on a nude beach - pure accident, but there we were, and we were not to be deterred by fulfilling our assignment (albeit subtle and modest angles)!
The final project due at the end of the week was stirring in each of us all week as we explored the island, and the final presentations were really interesting to see and have critiqued on our final night by B.D. and each other.
The atmosphere of the entire week was very relaxed and laid back, but the assignments were just challenging enough to really learn and grow – as a photographer (and personally) no matter the level of skill and expertise.
All of us participants agreed that we want to come back next year again and experience the ‘week of a lifetime’ and hope to have extras along for the incredible ride!
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    I encourage you all who can to go.

I have never met the man but just being here with his help I have grown (photographically :D) !