Options

Paula

JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
edited January 9, 2012 in Go Figure
Well, having taken Nikolai's suggestions under consideration, I did a bit more playing with the lighting during a photoshoot in Mannheim last saturday. Not quite where I want to be yet, but it is better than last time I think. Here are a few examples:

1099489921_L8YFA-L.jpg

1099511803_RGtUv-L.jpg

1099482800_xkLqL-L.jpg

1099480313_zVsaU-L.jpg

1099509318_AXTQp-L.jpg

1099513705_e5q43-L.jpg

1099542305_7Qg5H-L.jpg

#81099476637_RmcAB-L.jpg

Personally, I like #2 the best, but I wonder if I am overdoing the "soft focus" thing. What do you think?
Cave ab homine unius libri

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    Hey partner, long time no hear! mwink.gif

A few comments:
    * I'd say impovement is noticeable; thumb.gif
    * I agree that "soft focus" is overdone;
    * "Spread legs" is a very "high impact" pose that has to math the rest of the image. #1 is kinda going there, but still not there yet, the rest of the kind are completely "incohesive";
    * Watch for chopped-off limbs (elbows, in your case);
    * I'd say BW images look better than color; thumb.gif
    * It's probably my personal attitude more than anything, but I generally don't like white bg if it's not HK (highkey) ne_nau.gif
    * You got much better with limbs positions. thumb.gif My only nit is parallel legs in #5, which otherwise would have been my top choice from the series, because (next item)
    * I still think in most cases you're lighting too much, especially considering you're operating in a highly reflective environment, thus making the lighting bland, yet not enough to go HK. The strongest (most interesting) images lighting wise, imho, are: #2, #7 and #5.

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2010
    I like #2, and the soft focus (on that one) is to my taste! Looks very vintage.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    garratt15agarratt15a Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited July 31, 2011
    I Like these. Good poses and great model
  • Options
    HelioHelio Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    I really like 4, 6 & 7. There is such a rawness to them that is appealing. The posing and styling really helped to make the shot. A harder contrast with stronger highlights might improve the overall vintage characteristics, otherwise I think you're on to something.