Options

Embedding name in photo

justshootinjustshootin Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
How do I get my name embeded onto my photo's for web use or for contact print for a costumer. I have photo shop just dont know where to start! Help !!!! Thanks!! :dunno

Comments

• Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    What it sounds like you are trying to do is insert a watermark into your image. There are a few tools available to do this task. I have heard good things about http://sourceforge.net/projects/jaco-watermark/ but have not used it. There are options to do this in other photo editing tools as well. What applications do you currently use?
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2011
    What it sounds like you are trying to do is insert a watermark into your image. There are a few tools available to do this task. I have heard good things about http://sourceforge.net/projects/jaco-watermark/ but have not used it. There are options to do this in other photo editing tools as well. What applications do you currently use?

I have the whole Cs5 package photoshop Illistrator ect. Tried to google it but I am not putting in the proper words.
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2011
    And I just looked at your link that is exactly what I am talking about, there has to be a way to do this in photoshop?
  • Options
    masterghimasterghi Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2011
    And I just looked at your link that is exactly what I am talking about, there has to be a way to do this in photoshop?

There is.

If you are using Photoshop just create a new layer, add the text you want to that layer and then change the opacity of the layer.

If your photos are on SmugMug you can add a watermark image with the text you want and SmugMug will lay it out for you.
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2011
    Thanks Masterghi, I was thinking a new layer was the step and make it a action or a droplet so I can do it to many photos. I am not fimiliar with using smugmug. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    You can also create a watermark and upload it to SM and SM will automatically watermark display images or apply a printmark to purchased prints.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    swiechmswiechm Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 5, 2012
    Do you put your Studio name on each Print?
    I have been putting my studio name on each print I order for the customer. I recently had a customer tell me that this is unprofessional and that if this is the way I conduct business he will not be happy. He requested photos on CD so there is no way I can do back printing. Do you embed your studio name on each print or am I wrong in doing this? Thank you so much for your professional feedback.
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2012
    This is the disadvantage to watermarking images prior to uploading them to SM. What I did is created a watermark in SM (http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93343) and use that on all my display copies. This way, my original is still unwatermarked and will print without one. I also use backprinting to place a copyright notice there and contact information there (http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93356-backprinting).

I recall professional studios from back in the day had a small gold scripted watermark in one corner, and I'm not sure those days are gone since SM introduced the printmark feature (http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93344-printmarks). As always, your business model will vary based on your clientele.

Hope this helps! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2012
    I want the water mark for not only my photo's but my paintings I put on web sites so they cant be stolen. I am not a sm user yet, I havent taken the time to set up my account but it sounds like it provides a lot of steps of ease! Thanks for your input!
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2012
    You'll find that you can set things to auto-watermark upon upload via a gallery preset. I never even think about watermarking anymore. It just happens. thumb.gif